Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Rockford Files" episode with coin dealer

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this episode? https://www.coinworld.com/voices/gerald-tebben/as_seen_on_tv_rock.html

The episode called "the fourth man" features a coin dealer, or rather a man using it as cover for underworld activities....

Comments

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2020 6:35PM

I have seen it and it is pretty good.

Thank you logger7 for the link to the Coin World article.

The Rockford Files episode "The Fourth Man" is on my "Coins on Television" website.

Rockford Files coin shop

This scene was filmed at a real coin shop in 1976, the American Coin Company, 12164 Ventura Blvd., Studio City.

The owner won a court case in 1977 exempting coin sales over $1000 from California sales tax.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    acsbacsb Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Can't say I remember that episode offhand, but I do happen to be wearing a t-shirt with CA license plate 853-OKG at the moment.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never seen it.

• Options
    oldUScoinsoldUScoins Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭

Wow that brings back some memories.

• Options
    coin4salecoin4sale Posts: 375 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info. Was unaware, but will now make a point to see it!

of course i immediately thought of the Hawaii Five O , $100,000 Nickel, episode , from 1973!

BT&C
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I saw that episode... was living in Houston at the time. A lady I dated at the time was a Rockford fan and we watched it at my place. I was more involved in work and play at the time.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember that episode. I'll have to check it out again later. Nice article here

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the ashtray sitting there.
    I don't smoke, but think that it'd be a great thing to do at a coin show or B+M...it might really give you that edge when hashing out a tough sale with a tight fisted dealer 😅

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file