Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crusty Barber newp

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 1915 Philly half is twice as rare as a 1916-D Merc dime, but cost me only a small fraction of what the dime would have (in even lower grade).

I liked the crusty, wholesome appearance and had been wanting a nice circ Barber with "the look".

The fact that this one also happens to be a key date was just icing on the cake.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect look for that coin and grade. 1915 Barber Half is a great US coin! Mintage 138,000!!!!!!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

A problem free original coin in a grade that is seldom seen in the Barber Half series. I like it!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Iike I like

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking Barber Half.

• Options
    edited May 29, 2020 11:45AM

@amwldcoin said:
    Now you just need to finish the set! o:)

I did play around with a VG-F Dansco set a few years ago, focusing on coins with this look. I think I had two if not all three of the elusive, late-date 1913-14-15 Philly keys, but I didn't finish the set.

I'll have to see if I can dig up the old pix...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one, my Lord! :wink:

• Options
    CollectorcoinsCollectorcoins Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

A great guy to deal with!!

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome look on that coin!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin for sure!

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man, this thread has me missing my old B-halves! And my friend Mike Hayes!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice !!! I'm still looking for a nice 92 s & 93 s to complete my set.

• Options

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Oh man, this thread has me missing my old B-halves! And my friend Mike Hayes!

Yes. Good ol' @MFH. ⚘

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are very nice coins, with absolutely no distracting marks.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice Barber half @lordmarcovan .... Has a circ cam look...(didn't you start that term?)....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited May 30, 2020 7:08AM

@ricko said:
    Very nice Barber half @lordmarcovan .... Has a circ cam look...(didn't you start that term?)....Cheers, RickO

Indeed I did coin the phrase, officially announcing it in 2006, though I was using it earlier. @mreureka also seems to have come up with it independently, sometime in or around 2004.

To my amusement, there is even an article about that:

https://www.coinbooks.org/v21/esylum_v21n31a10.html

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan.... Yep... I guess I still have my memory....But not sure what I had for supper last night :D Actually, I do remember supper. ;) I like that look on old coins, and I recall when you 'coined' the phrase....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file