Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2020 p American Silver Eagle

240,000 mintage 2nd rarest ASE Good investment?

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could be wrong but I do not believe it is second. I believe we had the crazy 2019 s which is number 1 and then the 95w and then maybe the 2008 rev 07. I am sure one of the dealers knows better. I am only missing the 95w. I have both the 2020 p and 2020 w I did not know the p was even somewhat limited.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the '95W, and most of the others....not sure if I have the 2019S...have to check. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

2020 (P) mentioned is the bullion coin with mintage in the multi millions...but some were struck in Phily and monster box certified as such by the TPG's. Without a slab it's a regular bullion 2020. Same thing a few years back....coin is not low mintage. The slab is the issue

Second rarest ASE is a very inaccurate and misleading statement. Plenty of ASE's with lower mintage

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

From NGC's press release, in announcing that they'd graded over half of the 240,000 of these: "The numismatic rarity is the result of an emergency shift in U.S. Mint production in April due to the coronavirus situation and increased demand for Silver Eagle coins."

"numismatic rarity"? Ummm, no.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Standard hype. To me it’s just an anomaly and not a super interesting one. I’m sure others will want one out of completeness and that’s good. I would rather buy something else with the money if I’m looking for investment. Probably something non-coin related.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

240,000 is a lot

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Historical artifact if you are inclined to collect that kind of stuff. (I am usually so inclined, but do not have one of these).

But NOT a variety in any way.

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's another marketing gimmick to separate buyers from their money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file