Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My first Pack Submission Results

Finally got around to sending in my packs last December from a group break we did on this board. Happy overall with the results. Was hoping for 8's on the 80's basketball so was a little bummed about the one PSA 7. The hockey I figured the best was a PSA 7 so spot on with that one. The 76 football cello I was hoping for at least an 8 and was super pumped to see it land a PSA 9. 2nd year card for HOF Fouts.

Comments

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Packs!! AWESOME FOUTS!!

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with those results. Congratulations!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Congrats!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 76 Fouts pack is awesome. Great stuff.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Great stuff, David! That Fouts cello in unreal. Pack grading is a real crap shoot. Very hard to tell the difference between a 7 and 8 and an 8 to a 9. Those basketball packs look really good for the grade.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally speaking, wax is tougher than cello for higher grades. But those 2 basketball packs look great in holders with no tears!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Congrats! That Fouts cello just tripled in value by sending it in. Well done

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

Great Packs!! AWESOME FOUTS!!

Thanks. If I remember correctly you purchased a 76 cello pack or more and I believe you landed a sweet 80's Basketball pack. Did you get any of your packs graded?>

@MantleFan23 said:
    Great stuff, David! That Fouts cello in unreal. Pack grading is a real crap shoot. Very hard to tell the difference between a 7 and 8 and an 8 to a 9. Those basketball packs look really good for the grade.

Thanks for commenting. I certainly have no clue in the subtle differences between a 7-8 and 8-9.

@Kid4hof03 said:
    That 76 Fouts pack is awesome. Great stuff.

Appreciate your comments. Could not believe when we did the group break that I received a 76 pack with Fouts on top.

@grote15 said:
    Generally speaking, wax is tougher than cello for higher grades. But those 2 basketball packs look great in holders with no tears!

Thanks Tim.

@JakeR2234 said:
    Congrats! That Fouts cello just tripled in value by sending it in. Well done

I think you are spot on with the increase in value. It is a pop 2 and I saw where the other one sold recently for more than I would have expected.