Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quick way to identify slab boxes

GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

Figured I may as well do something useful during quarantine, so I decided to make my slab boxes a bit easier to identify. I found an outfit online that lets you upload photos to create custom 2'' vinyl stickers, so I took a photo of the first coin in each box and ordered a sheet of stickers. I considered also doing the last coin in the box (or perhaps the reverse) for the other end of each box, but figured this was plenty to solve the organization/identification issue for now. And sure, a written label would do the same job, but these are a lot more fun (and feel a little bit faster to find what I'm looking for).

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I label my boxes with these removable adhesive labels-

• Options
    Moxie15Moxie15 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I'll take box number one, please, Monty!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both type labels are great ideas. P-touch is good but these are better! Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone is getting sooooo organized :D;) ... We need a 'quarantine' every few years just to sort out everything...Although, I still have a lot of sorting to do ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's very nice! I just use a P-touch.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I stirred up the pot when I went to look for a few items on my inventory spreadsheet and found that the items weren't where they were supposed to be. The more I looked the more I've realised that my spreadsheet has many errors in it.
    So I've decided to do a complete inventory box by box , wish me luck.
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

No silver dollars?!
    Blasphemy!

peacockcoins

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Of course then my better half might get an idea of what is in them rather than the generic answer of 'Just some coins' when she asks.

Staying around the house has allowed me to organize a bit better also...I have identified some holes in my collection that need to be addressed as well as items that can be removed (but will they is the 64K question!!).

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good idea! Cool. B)
    I recently received a new box containing my new acquisition. It's black. At least I think it is? Are my eyes going or does it appear to be an off black? Lol. More like a dark gray color? Check it out;

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

All my coins are organized by TPGs and Sku#s.

I can find any of my coins in less than a minute.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file