Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What better could one ask for on a rainy day...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 23, 2020 2:44PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's. Yes! While sitting in my living room on a rainy Chicago afternoon, I heard my mail dropped in my box. So I ran to my slot and received a postoffice pick up notice. So I swung open my front door to catch the mailman before he took off. Guess what he had for me? Yep, finally! MY COIN!
Made my rainy day, alright. Lol

Sure, low grade but I'm very pleased.

This is what I also enjoy. PCGS, gave me a value estimation.

One more thing guy's, would you consider my coin having a slight rotation? Thanks guy's <3<3<3
This coin will definitely never be for sale.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

That should brighten your day!!!!!

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing. I am still learning about Indian head cents. I found one in circulation/storage somewhere many years ago. I should post it one here to see what else I can learn about it.

In any case, for the sake of curiosity and my own knowledge: what is the virtue of the declared value by PCGS? It seems that is the amount they insured for with the shipping entity. Or is there something else useful about it?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

@Outhaul said:
    Thank you for entering me in your most GENEROUS giveaway!

Lol. Well, I did say It will NEVER be for sale! Lol :)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@DeutscherGeist said:
    In any case, for the sake of curiosity and my own knowledge: what is the virtue of the declared value by PCGS? It seems that is the amount they insured for with the shipping entity. Or is there something else useful about it?

I'm quite not sure myself. I thought this was our Host's actual price guess, ala their Price Guide?
    Good Luck in your quest to find these beautiful Variety Indian Cents.
    My cherry pick cost me $10.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@DeutscherGeist said:

I'm quite not sure myself. I thought this was our Host's actual price guess, ala their Price Guide?
    Good Luck in your quest to find these beautiful Variety Indian Cents.
    My cherry pick cost me $10.

What price did you enter when you shipped it to them? Is that the same value on the return?

Very hard to price that variety in that grade.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you are very happy with your IHC.... That is good...I think there is a very slight rotation, hard to confirm from the pictures.... If so, it will not add any numismatic premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited May 24, 2020 9:58AM

Hey guy's, how can I find out where my slab is in the category of attributions? Meaning, I was wondering if mine is the lowest graded in the 1864L Snow-1 variety? Thanks :*

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a nice coin, with just good honest wear. Nice cherry pick!

• Options
    edited May 24, 2020 3:53PM

I found on the "Population Report" the amount of Registered coins in my category (1864L PCGS AG03 RPD FS-2301 S-1 (006.7)
    I found the list but not mine. The lowest grade shown was a G grade (4), none lower or my coin?

Found 6 coins graded in G4, etc... None lower? Could my coin, possibly be the lowest graded for that variety? I hope. ;)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suprise, surprise, surprise, very nice, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin!

• Options

Thank You! :) It's ALL the HUNT, all else doesn't matter. :)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeutscherGeist said:
    Thanks for sharing. I am still learning about Indian head cents. I found one in circulation/storage somewhere many years ago. I should post it one here to see what else I can learn about it.

Declared value is the value you put on it when you send it in to PCGS.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    I found on the "Population Report" the amount of Registered coins in my category (1864L PCGS AG03 RPD FS-2301 S-1 (006.7)
    I found the list but not mine. The lowest grade shown was a G grade (4), none lower or my coin?

Found 6 coins graded in G4, etc... None lower? Could my coin, possibly be the lowest graded for that variety? I hope. ;)

Only you would want the lowest graded coin...

Now if someone would start a low ball collection by Snow variety, you might get your grading fees back. :)

• Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always fun to get a coin in the mail!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a keeper. A nice score as well

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2020 3:48PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@DeutscherGeist said:

Right. And it's used to determine the return shipping rate.

It is also the most that PCGS would payout, were something terrible to happen to your coin while in PCGS's hands. But it is absolutely not what they would pay. Just the cap. PCGS doesn't use their price guide when determining that amount. They arrive at a wholesale value.
    Lance.

edit to add the True View.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DeutscherGeist said:

Right. And it's used to determine the return shipping rate.

It is also the most that PCGS would payout, were something terrible to happen to your coin while in PCGS's hands. But it is absolutely not what they would pay. Just the cap. PCGS doesn't use their price guide when determining that amount. They arrive at a wholesale value.
    Lance.

edit to add the True View.

Very true.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Only you would want the lowest graded coin...

Now if someone would start a low ball collection by Snow variety, you might get your grading fees back. :)

Now, sorry that is funny! Thank You! :)

• Options

Now this is what I was hoping for. Yippie!

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

PCGS sends one plastic box for that one slabbed coin?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2020 10:32AM

Yes!😉 everytime you submit a coin/s. Along with giving you another coin submission form.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file