Options
Worth it?
Hi guy's, went a hunting today. "Silly wabbit". Lol. Morgans this time. This coin looks a lot better in hand! By my bad photo's, do you guy's think this is worth the price tag? It has color and a PL potential. Not bad for a Phillie. Thanks for any reply. ![]()





"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.1
Comments
How are we supposed to answer that question if you say the photos are bad?
Based on the photos, i'm going to say you got robbed.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
Didn't buy it, just asking. Lol
Thanks for the quick reply though.
I'll take that for a "NO".
"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.No - Pass / if he started it in auction at 99c don’t think it would even get bid up to $30. From the photo would not call it rainbow.
Dull looking, spot on obv.
If the last two pictures are more indicative of the actual condition of the coin, I could see it graded (technically) as choice (MS63 C), but the eye appeal is severely lacking, IMO. There's a carbon spot under Liberty's eye, and the entire coin kind of looks like it's been residing in clay. I also don't see the rainbow the dealer is advertising. My opinion could change if the pictures or the surface contaminants are hiding further marks and hair lines. As it sits, $100 seems steep to me. PCGS price guide (high retail) is $80. I agree with Cougar. If it bid up to $30 dollars, the seller would be lucky.
Definitely not... That coin is way overpriced. The dealer is trying to hype the tarnish IMO... I agree with others, a $30 coin at best...Cheers, RickO
Pass.
I'd buy it with your money, but not with mine.
My Collection of Old Holders
Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
No. Run away.
That is neutral toning, nowhere close to rainbow. I don't see PL potential.

To be fair, at least it's not an 80-S. I think some missed that.
For $100 raw it would have to be a solid 64 with nice toning, that's about what graded examples seem to auction for.
Collector, occasional seller
Closer to $70 - those are for PCGS coins. Not outright highway robbery, but not something I would be excited to own.
Right that was my point, if a graded 64 sells for about $100, why spend that on a raw one that has neutral toning and looks like a 63?
To others-
It's certainly more than a $30 coin, you can't even find BU 81-S' for that that I am aware of.
Collector, occasional seller
Hard pass.
They were talking about eBay bids. I'd be willing to bet they are closer than you think. Even for the 1880, I don't imagine you get to $40 on an eBay auction.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
But I thought eBay was the greatest venue EVER! I think I could do better than $40 on Instagram for it and not have to pay FeeBay to boot.
MS63+... About $50 on a good day.
A bland, dull looking piece.
People on Instagram or eBay are hesitant, for obvious reasons, to pay 63/64 money sight unseen. If you listed it as a BIN at those prices, someone will probably eventually buy it. But to get an auction up to that price, you need two people willing to pay 63/64 money for a coin they haven't seen. In my experience, that is hard to accomplish.
eBay is the greatest online venue ever. But it is a sight unseen market.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
"eBay is the greatest online venue ever... Just expect low prices and then pay eBay a huge cut."
I fixed it for you. This is the most tepid endorsement of a coin venue I have ever heard.
Too much!