Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Completed my Proof Lincoln set!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/half-cents/lincoln-cents-major-sets/lincoln-cents-basic-set-proof-1959-present/publishedset/152114
I have the 2020 on the way but it is not officially included in the rankings. #12 is as high as I will get. Big boys and big girls? ahead of me. I made the decision to work on this set approximately 3 years ago. Had a lot of fun and challenges on the way. Only overspent on one of them, lol. Thanks for looking.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

Comments

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those proofs look fantastic! Congrats! Very nice set!

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW !!! Very nice. How long did it take to complete ?

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020 5:16PM

A little over 3 years, 2017 was my first purchase. Mostly Ebay, some Great Collections.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. I think you will still be able to snag the 85 and 86 in PR 70 at a decent price if you are willing to wait. Many folks spent $1000's getting Proof 70 cents until they became common place so you did wise to wait as long as you did and allow the pops to increase and the cost to drop.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

Thanks for the advice. I have thought about what it would take to move up. I still have some “gaps” to upgrade if I choose but I would realistically only catch the guy in front of me. The goal was to complete the set with the highest grade that was affordable on my budget. I got there so I think I am through. It is very hard to move any further without spending a good chunk of change. I definitely agree with you about starting the set, when I did. Prices had fallen a lot on top pops but in the 3 years I have been following these coins, the prices have been holding pretty steady and in multiple cases, slightly moving up.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's nice!!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice and thumbs up on completing this set. So what is your next set going to be?

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive. Thanks.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice thanks for sharing, now just the yearly upkeep until the cent is discontinued. B)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2020 2:13PM

@WAYNEAS said:
    nice and thumbs up on completing this set. So what is your next set going to be?

Unfortunately my tastes have become much more expensive. I am now working on a Capped Bust Date set and I am now collecting Mexican 8 Reales. Big difference!!

I am thinking Washington Quarters might be nice.

I might start moving backward in the Lincoln Proofs as well.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set. Only in 12th place with those coins? Wow!

• Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Very nice set. Congratulations!
    We would welcome you to the Washington quarters with open arms. :)

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 11:13PM

Just a suggestion...You might look at the Sac/Native American Proof Sets...

I completed Mine in PR69DCAM...just 40 days after I joined Set Registry...obtaining the Set Leader Medal and Top Spot for a short time...the complete upgrade to PR70DCAM (and 30th to complete it) was attained on 3/02/2020 (just 23 days later)

The NA collection is very doable in PR70DCAM

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold