Home PSA Set Registry Forum

IPad and Set Registry Photo Problems

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 18, 2020 3:28AM in PSA Set Registry Forum

One of the things I enjoy most about the set registry is browsing through the sets that have scans/photos included. I realize most set registry participants don’t include photos but often the ones who do have some of the most impressive sets.

For awhile now I have been experiencing technical difficulties with registry photos. I am using exclusively IOS devices to view them, primarily a 6th Generation IPad. When swiping through the photos in a set, periodically an image will take a few seconds to load, and then display in a truncated form (see screenshot).

This problem seems to have gotten worse with the latest IPadOS release. Sometimes the problem seems better, sometimes it seems worse, without much rhyme or reason. I have contacted the set registry technical team. Not sure what to do about it but it’s ruining my enjoyment of the registry.

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭

Same here. I don’t use my iPad for that as much anymore because of it.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

Do you experience this problem less when using an iPhone or Android phone? Or do you use a computer for it?

@PaulMaul said:

@rexvos said:

Do you experience this problem less when using an iPhone or Android phone? Or do you use a computer for it?

It works fine on the IPhone or via the app

edited May 18, 2020 11:59AM

@rexvos said:

@PaulMaul said:

@rexvos said:

Can you look at other people’s sets within the app?

Also, I don’t see any way to swipe through the cards in my own sets, only to look at one image at a time. And the images are blown up so far the resolution appears poor. I guess nothing is well suited for IPad.

@PaulMaul said:

@rexvos said:

@PaulMaul said:

@rexvos said:

Also, I don’t see any way to swipe through the cards in my own sets, only to look at one image at a time. And the images are blown up so far the resolution appears poor. I guess nothing is well suited for iPad

All of this is correct. To do that laptop is best route.

@rexvos said:

@PaulMaul said:

@rexvos said:

@PaulMaul said:

@rexvos said:

Also, I don’t see any way to swipe through the cards in my own sets, only to look at one image at a time. And the images are blown up so far the resolution appears poor. I guess nothing is well suited for iPad

All of this is correct. To do that laptop is best route.

It’s a shame because I’m almost never on a laptop, and my iPhone 7 is really too small for an enjoyable experience browsing the registry. IPad is perfectly suited with the minor issue that it doesn’t work.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 27,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Us geezers who use desktop computers dont have these issues. :)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.