Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Question - PCGS Bank Note Submission

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never submitted Bank Notes before but I am in the process.
I have an 8 coin voucher from the coin side I am going to use,

My question is: Can I add additional notes to the same submission and just pay for the additional fee's or must I use a separate form and just put the voucher notes on one form and the additional notes on another. Looking at the form it appears that I could add additional notes,,,,,, has anyone ever done this? It doesn't seem it would cause any additional work for PCGS and would save me at least the 2nd handling fee and the 2nd return shipping. It does not say on my voucher that I can not do this.

GrandAm :)

Comments

• Check email for the subject "PCGS Collectors Club" when the latest membership received. It will have the membership voucher number and links to voucher terms.

Different submissions go to separate areas of expertise, so Banknote, World, and US Coin have separate forms, handling and shipping fees.

For a given submission, if one banknote must be regular service, then all banknotes for the submission must be the same service level.

I haven't tried to redeem eight membership vouchers on separate submissions.

On the example above, the voucher total entered would be $360.00 to be credited against the banknote service level fees.

I wouldn't sweat it too much since customer service will hold up your submission if they have questions about your submission, though, it might save time to avoid calling Customer Service in the first place (I mean, by properly filling out the form, of course, and don't forget the check the Other box and to supply with voucher number in the space provided).

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where do I find catalog numbers?

• The Krause catalog "pick" numbers are prefaced by a "P." in front, so that if the catalog number from a Krause publication is 186, then the catalog number would be P.186. Your can download from Ebay the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money Modern Issues 1961-Present for cheap. You can find digital titles on Amazon, used titles on Amazon and AbeBook, and so on.

Another alternative is to lookup the banknote online. Do a google search for "world paper money values and note price guide". Has banknotes back to 1368 AD.

These are photos of a PCGS certification with both Pick # and JNDA (Japan Numismatic Dealers' Association) catalog numbers:

This is the web page pulled up by the World Paper Money Values and Note Price Guide:

This is a photo of a PMG certification:

The note has both a serial number and a block number printed on the currency.

This is the web page pulled up by the World Paper Money Values and Note Price Guide:

edited May 18, 2020 12:30AM

Thanks for the replies,,,, they helped,,,,,

I guess they will fill in catalog numbers if I don't like they do coin numbers?

I see all the grading options have a Gold Shield,,,,, so will they come with photos?

• migueldelriomigueldelrio Posts: 27
    edited May 18, 2020 1:05PM

The instructions say:

Catalog Number: Include the catalog number. For U.S. notes use Friedberg, for world notes, use the Pick #.

For pictures, other PCGS members use a scanner: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/9135624/#Comment_9135624

My new Canon TS9100 series takes much better scans than my ancient photo-grade HP PSC 1510.

I see that some certifications include pictures:
    https://pcgs.com/banknotes/cert/36045057

However, the PCGS literature is not clear on that point.

Just called PCGS and:

My question is: Can I add additional notes to the same submission form and just pay for the additional fee's

The answer is yes,,,,, as long as it is the same submission level,,,,,, you can add more notes and just pay the extra fee's.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good info!! Thanks.

@GRANDAM said:
    Just called PCGS and:

My question is: Can I add additional notes to the same submission form and just pay for the additional fee's

The answer is yes,,,,, as long as it is the same submission level,,,,,, you can add more notes and just pay the extra fee's.

I was told I could do this but my submission just arrived and PCGS called and said it was not possible to add on to a voucher submission so a voucher submission can only have the voucher notes on it.

They split my order so just trying to clear up any confusion that I may have caused.