Home Precious Metals

NICE DAY IN THE SILVER MARKET----HOW HIGH WILL THEY LET IT GO ?

2»

Comments

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver is everywhere, they build gutters out of it for cripes sakes. It's not really rare and never will be especially now that we have all this paper and digital silver.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Silver is everywhere, they build gutters out of it for cripes sakes.

I've never seen gutters made of silver. Are you confusing aluminum with silver?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@logger7 said:
    The premiums dropped on 90% especially Unc 1964 and before.....Apmex said they got swamped with sellers.

APMEX always has too much inventory

Last week they were paying $260 for Unc. proof Franklin rolls, strong money.

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Silver is everywhere, they build gutters out of it for cripes sakes. It's not really rare and never will be especially now that we have all this paper and digital silver.

If you give me your address, I'll be happy to bring my 24' ladder by to inspect and clean your gutters, free of charge of course.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver is every where? You must be using the 100 ouncers as door stops.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

and they build crappers out of gold...

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dpoole said:
    It's looking like it's going to take more than stackers to keep up silver prices.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

"NICE DAY IN THE SILVER MARKET----HOW HIGH WILL THEY LET IT GO ?"

OR: "HOW LOW WILL THEY LET IT GO?" ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Mike59Mike59 Posts: 316 ✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    "NICE DAY IN THE SILVER MARKET----HOW HIGH WILL THEY LET IT GO ?"

OR: "HOW LOW WILL THEY LET IT GO?" ;)

G/S ratio currently sits at approx. 96.5. Im hoping the ratio continues to drop from all time highs. Just another thing I cannot control (LOL) . I just like the wealth effect, I feel wealthier when silver is over $20. Im one of those that just stupidly continue to HOLD . I guess its Fear and Greed. When silver is $20 I tell myself OK I will sell at $25 and when it goes back to $15 I kick myself for not selling at $20..... Im sure im not the only one.
    Mike

MIKE B.

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 2:58AM

We are in uncertain times, so I am not surprised the actual price of silver is higher than a year ago. I am thinking, with economic uncertainty, why wouldn't gold and silver move up further? If they get any higher, I think I would consider selling some.

Well, we have been undergoing a humanitarian crisis regarding starvation for 3 years now.

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/22/538705469/millions-at-risk-of-starvation-and-most-americans-dont-know

If that wasn't bad enough, the UN said that figure would likely double from the pandemic.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/05/850470436/u-n-warns-number-of-people-starving-to-death-could-double-amid-pandemic

Kids are going hungry:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/05/kids-are-going-hungry-because-of-the-coronavirus.html

a growing number of Americans are going to starve

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/20/if-coronavirus-doesnt-get-us-starvation-will-growing-number-americans-say-they-cant-afford-stock-up-groceries/

I'm planning on holding until I need food, or, when the opportunity to cash out and live large is just too appealing.