Home Metal Detecting
Options

My second Chinese Cash coin find..

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one made during the reign of Qianlong 1736 to 1795...

That’s two in the same area so I think there may have been a camp there. I’m going back tomorrow to investigate more!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... great find.... You may be right about the camp, certainly a 'focus area' for some reason. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it near a old rail road? Lots of Chinese coins near rail road and mining camps in California. They used their own currency between them selves back then.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find :)

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

My family has a connection to the Chinese from the 19th century in California - curiously enough our dinner yesterday was a recipe that has been passed down from that era and the Chinese my family knew then.

Finding a coin from the gold rush era that was brought by the Chinese laborers is amazing and tells a story that is largely forgotten now.

Appreciate your finding and publicizing the find.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba....You are correct... That part of western history (The Chinese laborers etc.) is largely unknown, and yet was a major part of that period. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was right in the middle of where a lot of timbering was being done. I poked around again but got eaten alive by mosquitos! 🙁

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.