Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

No Response From Set Registry Releasing Cert's.???

Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody having issues requesting that a Cert. be released? I've used the appropriate request, and sent images of coin in hand, and can't get a response. I'm also seeing some issues with the Registry right now, inventory photos not coming up, slowness to respond, etc.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    Anybody having issues requesting that a Cert. be released? I've used the appropriate request, and sent images of coin in hand, and can't get a response. I'm also seeing some issues with the Registry right now, inventory photos not coming up, slowness to respond, etc.

You have to allow 3 business days for the request.....then send PCGS the images. They have always got the released that same day or next after that.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m having the exact same issue as @Eldorado9. I submitted the request form last Sunday, hoping the consignor who sold the coin would have the courtesy of releasing the coin from his/her Registry once they received the automatic notification from PCGS. No such luck, even though the consignor should have had that courtesy no later than when the coin was sold. So on Thursday I uploaded photos to PCGS, but so far no good. Yesterday I uploaded photos again to PCGS. Hopefully it’ll get cleared up tomorrow when they’re back in the office. Worst case, I’ll call on Tuesday.

I thought I read a few months ago when PCGS updated their Set Registry rules that those few people who don’t have the courtesy to release their coins after they’ve been asked to by PCGS, too many times, that ALL of their coins will be released from their Registry. In my opinion, if this selfish issue continues too often with the same person, that enforcement action could not come soon enough.

I believe the vast majority of us are courteous and release our sold coins regularly in a timely manner, and when we occasionally err by being tied up, we release it once notified. IMHO it’s only a small percentage that are regularly selfish and don’t release their sold coins at all, depending on the buyers to have to take the time to notify PCGS, and then take the time to take two photos of the coin, then take the time to upload them to PCGS, and then take the time to wait for PCGS personnel to take their valuable time to do the deletion. Selfishness, thinking their own time is all that matters.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

winesteven, couldn't agree more. I've had close to 50 coins purchased over the last year from eBay and GC that I've had to go thru the whole process. PCGS has been great on getting them released in a timely manner. But having to wait 3 business days after emailing the previous owner ( which due to weekends ) can turn into 4 or 5 days can be a bummer. No big deal as eventually they are released. BUT, our hosts HAVE NOT followed thru with their rules on removing the previous owner from the Registry. Phone calls to our hosts get answered with " well not everyone has access to a computer " REALLY ? They had them registered in a set previously to selling. Happy with our hosts otherwise, but they've dropped the ball on this one. Start removing their sets and it will send a message. Personally I remove a coin I'm selling the day it is shipped.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2020 10:46AM

@Tom147 said:
    winesteven, I couldn't agree more. PCGS has been great on getting them released in a timely manner. But having to wait 3 business days after emailing the previous owner ( which due to weekends ) can turn into 4 or 5 days can be a bummer. BUT, our hosts HAVE NOT followed thru with their rules on removing the previous owner from the Registry. Phone calls to our hosts get answered with " well not everyone has access to a computer " REALLY ? They had them registered in a set previously to selling. Happy with our hosts otherwise, but they've dropped the ball on this one. Start removing their sets and it will send a message.

When others use as an excuse to PCGS that they don’t have a computer...Wait Tom, do you smell that? I smell something.... I think I’m smelling BS! Like you said, even if they had a friend or relative with a computer post the coin for them, then they have to have that person delete it for them from their Registry when they send the coin in to be sold. If they don’t accept that responsibility, then they should not have the PRIVILEGE of being allowed to partake in the Registry. Yes, PCGS Set Registry should enforce their rules, which are fair and reasonable!

Stay safe.
    Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel the same about trying to get coins released after I have purchased them. I take pictures of both sides of the coin so I can include them into my digital album and inventory. Yes this is tedious and time consuming. It does take time for David and associates ( they are small in numbers) to resolve these requests and this could be an answer why it takes so long. I buy many slabbed coins and always register them into my inventory. Sometimes I receive requests to remove a certain cert from my set. The issue here is I do not sell coins so when a request is made to remove it from my registry, I know that either the "new purchaser" has mistyped in the cert # or they have an identical cert # for the same coin as I own or are trying to pull a quick one by registering coins that they in fact do not have in hand or own so they can strive for a best set available. There is a thread about this somewhere but cannot remember where. If it is an identical cert than PCGS will seriously look into it to see if it is an error on their part or a counterfeit slab / cert#. Sometimes the pictures provided are to small or blurred and new pictures need to be sent. In my experience, you won't know this until you call. When I respond to a request for removal that I still have the coin in hand, I wish the set registry would respond to the outcome of what was found.
    May you guys continue to find that special coin
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Eldorado9 said:

You have to allow 3 business days for the request.....then send PCGS the images. They have always got the released that same day or next after that.

Thanks DimeMan, well I wish I could report something positive, but I can't. I started this process 10 days ago, with the emailed request, and waited 3 days....Nothing, then I started sending photos of the coin in, did that 3 times, still nothing. Hey PCGS! Anybody awake over there...Does't seem that hard to do this...Press a button perhaps...Hello?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Eldorado9 said:

Thanks DimeMan, well I wish I could report something positive, but I can't. I started this process 10 days ago, with the emailed request, and waited 3 days....Nothing, then I started sending photos of the coin in, did that 3 times, still nothing. Hey PCGS! Anybody awake over there...Does't seem that hard to do this...Press a button perhaps...Hello?

Send a PM to SetRegistryManager (David Talk) he will look into it and get it done.

• Options

I reached out to David via Email...No response. The Registry site currently won't even let me add a Cert. Guessing it has been under construction this weekend? No idea.....

• Options

Issue resolved. Thank you PCGS.

• Options

@Eldorado9 said:

Hello @Eldorado9

Based on current events, our Set Registry staff have been working reduced hours and we have been working remotely, in turn, our response time to emails and Removal Request has increased.

We are working to respond to all members and pending requests as soon as possible.

We released the item associated with your most recent Removal Request earlier today.

Should you need further assistance, please email our team at SetRegistry@Collectors.com

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
  • Options

@winesteven said:
    I’m having the exact same issue as @Eldorado9. I submitted the request form last Sunday, hoping the consignor who sold the coin would have the courtesy of releasing the coin from his/her Registry once they received the automatic notification from PCGS. No such luck, even though the consignor should have had that courtesy no later than when the coin was sold. So on Thursday I uploaded photos to PCGS, but so far no good. Yesterday I uploaded photos again to PCGS. Hopefully it’ll get cleared up tomorrow when they’re back in the office. Worst case, I’ll call on Tuesday.

I thought I read a few months ago when PCGS updated their Set Registry rules that those few people who don’t have the courtesy to release their coins after they’ve been asked to by PCGS, too many times, that ALL of their coins will be released from their Registry. In my opinion, if this selfish issue continues too often with the same person, that enforcement action could not come soon enough.

I believe the vast majority of us are courteous and release our sold coins regularly in a timely manner, and when we occasionally err by being tied up, we release it once notified. IMHO it’s only a small percentage that are regularly selfish and don’t release their sold coins at all, depending on the buyers to have to take the time to notify PCGS, and then take the time to take two photos of the coin, then take the time to upload them to PCGS, and then take the time to wait for PCGS personnel to take their valuable time to do the deletion. Selfishness, thinking their own time is all that matters.

Hello @winesteven

I was not able to locate any pending Removal Requests based on the email address tied to your forums account. Please email SetRegistry@Collectors.com with the certification number(s) associated with any non-resolved Removal Requests so that I can assist you further. Please put "Attention - David Talk" in the subject line.

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
This discussion has been closed.