Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question about encapsulating PSA authenticated cards with full letters

For some reason I haven't been able to get an answer from online searching, so I thought I'd ask here.

I have two cards already authenticated by PSA with stickers and full letters. I want to get both of them encapsulated now (just like the slab look), but when I look at the encapsulation order form on the PSA website, there are columns to add the fees for authentication, letter fee, etc, but I don't need either of those things, I just need to slab the autos which have already been authenticated.

What's the simplest way to do this?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Comments

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea, but remembered something similar was just asked a couple of days ago about converting the old blue flip psa/dna cards to the new red flip. Would your scenario fall into this, since they are both already authenticated? https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1036869/converting-reholdering-an-old-blue-in-the-presence-psa-dna-to-a-new-red-label#latest

• @swish54 said:
    I have no idea, but remembered something similar was just asked a couple of days ago about converting the old blue flip psa/dna cards to the new red flip. Would your scenario fall into this, since they are both already authenticated? https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1036869/converting-reholdering-an-old-blue-in-the-presence-psa-dna-to-a-new-red-label#latest

Maybe! I'll read your thread. Thank you for the info.

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2020 11:07PM

that was my thread. im actually under the impression from the seller im getting the card from that there is no letter and no sticker to accompany the card. I thought the letter and stickers are only for non encapsulated authenticated items like pictures, bats and balls. a card is different since the encapsulation itself takes the place of the need of a sticker and letter.

OP I think you should call PSA to see how they want to handle it. my guess is it will have to go through a normal PSA/DNA grading, but just submit the letter with the raw cards. once they encapsulate the card, the authentication form no longer becomes necessary.

• @dictoresno1 said:
    that was my thread. im actually under the impression from the seller im getting the card from that there is no letter and no sticker to accompany the card. I thought the letter and stickers are only for non encapsulated authenticated items like pictures, bats and balls. a card is different since the encapsulation itself takes the place of the need of a sticker and letter.

OP I think you should call PSA to see how they want to handle it. my guess is it will have to go through a normal PSA/DNA grading, but just submit the letter with the raw cards. once they encapsulate the card, the authentication form no longer becomes necessary.

Well I just got a call back from PSA/DNA.

So this is the process (for anyone now or in the future who wants to slab a PSA authenticated card item:

From Matt at PSA:

"The customer would need to submit with an encapsulation form. Submit the card and original LOA. Pay for encapsulation fee, plus shipping, letter fee (if letter is desired) and premium fees (if item is worth over $1000)."

So they basically treat it like an re-encapsulation. Thanks for all the input!