Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Converting/Reholdering an old blue "in the presence" PSA/DNA to a new red label

Just purchased an older Blue PSA/DNA card with the label stating the year and card make (not just "trading card") and that it was an "in the presence 4/5/12. The grade is listed as just Authentic Auto.

Im debating upon receipt of the card, if I want to get it re-encapsulated into a newer lighthouse label. upon doing so, do I just mark it as a reholder (this is what I assume). however, im also wondering if I can or should convert it to a dual grade card/auto so instead of just authentic auto, they will grade both or maybe just assign a numerical grade to the auto. any specific way I would need to note this on the order form? I DONT want it to come back as "Trading Card", would like to keep it saying the year and make. anyone ever convert an old blue to a new red and change up the card or auto grades?

Comments

  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

    With reholdering being $8 and the grade add on being $10, it would make sense to have the card authenticated and graded with the grade add on. It will ask you on the online submission form what you want graded, either the card and/or auto. When filling out the form mark it as "crossover".

    PSA & PSA/DNA CERTIFIED ENCAPSULATED ITEMS *$10
    For PSA or PSA/DNA certified cards (red or blue label) valued under $250 that need the card and/or autograph graded.

    ESTIMATED TURNAROUND: 70 Business Days
    Please mark outside of shipment box with "DUAL ADD ON"

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 9:33AM

    ahhhhh perfect thanks, so they consider it a crossover technically?

  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

    Yes, I was told that when I submitted mine before and just marking them as grading.

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

    @maddux69 said:
    Yes, I was told that when I submitted mine before and just marking them as grading.

    interesting, I never would've thought of that. thanks!

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2020 9:15AM

    here is the card. if I send it in for a dual service add on, a few questions.

    1.) will that auto get a 10 based on the slight streaking, or should I just request Auth Auto only.
    2.) will it keep the "In the Presence 4/5/12" designation on the flip or will it be replaced by PSA/DNA Cert?
    3.) will it keep its PSA/DNA cert number or be reassigned a normal red flip cert?
    4.) even though this was graded and the "2003 Topps" was added, if I dont send it in for dual service, under the new guidelines, will that be replaced with "Trading Card" if I dont opt for it.

    I would basically want the flip to read this for example.....

    2003 Topps #225
    Dwyane Wade Mint 9
    ITP - 4/5/12 Auto Auth

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m not sure of the answers to your other questions, but they won’t do “in the presence” on the red flip.

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

    @DBesse27 said:
    I’m not sure of the answers to your other questions, but they won’t do “in the presence” on the red flip.

    well that sucks. why not? its their own provenance?

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dictoresno1 said:

    @DBesse27 said:
    I’m not sure of the answers to your other questions, but they won’t do “in the presence” on the red flip.

    well that sucks. why not? its their own provenance?

    I don’t know why not, but that’s the way it is.

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2020 1:00AM

    @DBesse27 said:

    @dictoresno1 said:

    @DBesse27 said:
    I’m not sure of the answers to your other questions, but they won’t do “in the presence” on the red flip.

    well that sucks. why not? its their own provenance?

    I don’t know why not, but that’s the way it is.

    I poked around google images, and I found this. looks like they do allow ITP designations to be carried over to red flips or at least allow them in general.

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

    ok so after speaking to PSA, the rep handling my email/phone calls spoke with their DNA team regarding this issue and I was indeed told they would not honor the IPT variety/pedigree on my dual service crossover. When I emailed them the picture and cert of the Wozniak signed card posted above, CLEARLY showing the IPT pedigree on a dual service slab, they responded back again saying that specific card was "approved" by administration or "higher ups" and was allowed to have the designation, but I wasn't. when I explained my displeasure, my email went unanswered.

    clearly, this is kind of unfair. why allow one customer to have this allowed and others not? also, IPT is an important part of the provenance of the card. why wouldn't they allow it to be included on the label?

  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭

    what's wrong with leaving it in the holder it's in?

    IMF

    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

    @Ironmanfan said:
    what's wrong with leaving it in the holder it's in?

    IMF

    I want to have the card and auto graded and so I can also add it to my regular set registry.

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dictoresno1 said:

    @Ironmanfan said:
    what's wrong with leaving it in the holder it's in?

    IMF

    I want to have the card and auto graded and so I can also add it to my regular set registry.

    Just an FYI, autographed cards are only allowed in player sets. They’re not allowed in company sets, team sets or key card sets.

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox

  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

    @DBesse27 said:

    @dictoresno1 said:

    @Ironmanfan said:
    what's wrong with leaving it in the holder it's in?

    IMF

    I want to have the card and auto graded and so I can also add it to my regular set registry.

    Just an FYI, autographed cards are only allowed in player sets. They’re not allowed in company sets, team sets or key card sets.

    yea I know. I dont want it for a set, just to be added to my normal registry as a dual service graded card.

Sign In or Register to comment.