Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need help finding info and pop reports for the 1933 S Walking Liberty Half Dollar DDO

ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 29, 2020 2:57PM in U.S. Coin Forum

VarietyVista says population of 3. I can't find anything on PCGS or NGC on populations on this variety.

Can anyone help with additional info on this? I can't seem to find any auction history on HA or GC either. Thanks in advance.

CONECA: DDO-001
NGC: VP-001

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 3:58PM

This doubled die isn't listed in the Cherrypicker's Guide so I'm guessing that they aren't attributing it. It's kinda minor so they may deem it to be too minor even if it is eventually listed in the CPG.

• Options

Thanks @koynekwest

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 4:45PM

You're welcome! I'm wondering if it will be in the upcoming Vol 6 of the CPG.

• Options

Thanks @koynekwest. I'll post the one that I think I've found as soon as i can.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it looks like NGC will attribute it, but not PCGS. I have seen some, that are in the Cherry Pickers guide, that they will not attribute.

NGC has images, so I assume they have graded one. I do not see any varieties in their census. Since I own a few, I suspect they just do not list them.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

@dbldie55 Thanks for the info. At your convenience, would you mind sharing photos from your examples of the lower part of Liberty's hemline near the feet. That is where I understand the doubling to be most prevalent. Are there any other areas on the obverse that show strong doubling on you examples?

Thanks, 3CSFL.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please post a picture if you can.... I think I recall seeing one somewhere...the doubling is slight, but discernible as I remember it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I'd like to also see a photo.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThreeCentSilverFL said:
    @dbldie55 Thanks for the info. At your convenience, would you mind sharing photos from your examples of the lower part of Liberty's hemline near the feet. That is where I understand the doubling to be most prevalent. Are there any other areas on the obverse that show strong doubling on you examples?

Thanks, 3CSFL.

The varieties I own are Liberty Nickels, I was pointing out these are not listed in the census, but since I have them, I know they do exist so I assume NGC does not list any varieties in the census.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file