Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Blue Box

JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a shipment back from our hosts today in a Blue Box. When I was at FUN in January I was told by PCGS they were switching to the Black Box; no more Blue. In January I received a bulk shipment back in Green Boxes.

What color boxes are your coins arriving in?

I love them Barber Halves.....

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 1:48PM

They might be recycling what gets sent to them. I've sent out several submissions in blue boxes and one in a green box. Maybe you got my green box! I have gotten black and blue in return.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS should make them transparent! That would look awesome, no? Lol :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a black box last week. I have another submission in Encapsulation so hopefully it’ll be back before long and I’ll see.

• Options
    edited April 29, 2020 1:59PM

@joeykoins said:

I think a semi-transparent box would look really classy. Like a dark smoked bronze sort of color with black graphics.

Like these glasses:

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last 4 have been Black.

• Options
    android01android01 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 2:46PM

@ms70 said:

@joeykoins said:

I think a semi-transparent box would look really classy. Like a dark smoked bronze sort of color with black graphics.

Like these glasses:

OLD NGC boxes (about 20 years ago) were a smoky brown/black that were semi transparent. I still have a few of these:

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    My last 4 have been Black.

Same.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know about current color but all I have are not recyclable, wish they were have to go in the trash that will be around in the 23rd century.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin World Premier storage boxes hold 25 PCGS slabs or 25 Coin World slabs. Tops are clear. Of course, they're not free with a PCGS submission.

• Options

@android01 said:

@ms70 said:

@joeykoins said:

Like these glasses:

OLD NGC boxes (about 20 years ago) were a smoky brown/black that were semi transparent. I still have a few of these:

I have one of those I use to use to carry around coins at shows because it held both PCGS & ngc. Guess what! Now the new PCGS slabs don't fit in it!

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that old multicolored, swirled plastic.
    Sort of like this.

• Options

The ultimate high-tech PCGS box would use the new NFC technology in the slabs to let you add a coin to (or remove a coin from) the inventory of the box. The box would then display the inventory on an E-ink display that would have data and power connections to the lower half of the box, which would also house the NFC reader and Bluetooth connectivity to your mobile device, which would be used to relay the NFC info from the slab and the slab info back to the box. Wireless recharging on the battery, which should last a very long time, since the only time the E-ink display is refreshed is when the lid is put on the box.

I expect it would be at least as popular as the Regency holders were at the time, and no more than five times as expensive.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@android01 said:

@ms70 said:

@joeykoins said:

Like these glasses:

I have one of those I use to use to carry around coins at shows because it held both PCGS & ngc. Guess what! Now the new PCGS slabs don't fit in it!

Go figure!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

>

They fit diagonally, 19 to a box, if you load it like this: [///////////////////], rather than this: [||||||||||||||||||||]

• Options

@messydesk said:

@DIMEMAN said:

>

They fit diagonally, 19 to a box, if you load it like this: [///////////////////], rather than this: [||||||||||||||||||||]

I know John...….it's just annoying. :/

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait until the doctors figure how to bake the boxes too. Who knows what color they will be!!! 😉

• Options

@android01 said:

Too dark. I'd like to be able to see the slabs. (not in detail of course, but just all of them lined up).

• Options

@ms70 said:

@android01 said:

Too dark. I'd like to be able to see the slabs. (not in detail of course, but just all of them lined up).

The picture I posted doesn't really give an accurate picture. I have a full box and I can see the coins all lined up on all sides of the box - top, bottom, and both sides.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blue bottoms with black tops - anyone want to trade ??

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@messydesk said:

@DIMEMAN said:

>

I know John...….it's just annoying. :/

Hmmm... I could package my Prime Number Set that way.

• Options

@lkeigwin said:

@BrettPCGS said:

Huh. How did you get that? Who do you know?
    Lance.

You get it when you order the special Halloween label.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the green boxes and have several, but a flag motif (such as posted above) would be awesome. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rats...Now I really-really want an orange one. :/

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some really great ideas here- I hope our hosts take notice!

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

GEEEZ..Now we are going to collected boxes ?1?!?

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

until they got dirty or cloudy...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file