Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

HR Saint--hijacked account?

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

There were coins in his feedback, as a buyer and seller. I don't see any huge red flags. Assuming it was legit, someone got a steal. I would have bid if I would have seen it. eBay's buyer protection is top notch.

-Paul

Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi--i don't see any coins in his feedback: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dvkill

• Options

I just got this from ebay:

MC010 Account Security Communication Partner Warning

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from dvkill through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time – this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks as if it has been resolved.... link no longer brings us to the item. Interesting response, shows that they do have a monitoring ability....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Scammers are always looking for unsecured payments. I'm not sure where he got the picture of the coin that was listed:

The scammer sent me this:

Hi, did you send an E-check?
    It still shows: "Payment was initiated on Apr 27, 2020 and is being processed through PayPal. "

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

As your mom or dad told you
    If it sounds too good to be true...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file