Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Questions on VCP

So I enjoy cataloguing my graded card collection with images, details, purchase price, and current value. I have been using PSA’s inventory option for doing this. I’m not very Familiar with VCP, but it seems they have an inventory option as well, and it seems they actually find the current value for you. I have been looking at final sales on eBay and tallying up a few to get an average for my cards current value. Does VCP do something like this? Is it accurate? Or am I better just continuing to find the value myself. PSA lists it’s SMR price valuation, which isn’t always current. So I’d love to have something that gets you a more accurate evaluation. Anyone use this feature from VCP?

My collection is predominantly 80’s with some current stuff as well, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use VCP, but believe the cutoff for years they track is 1980 other than a few key cards. They used to have a daily pass for a couple bucks, could be worth it to check out if it's useful for you.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eavdr10 said:
    So I enjoy cataloguing my graded card collection with images, details, purchase price, and current value. I have been using PSA’s inventory option for doing this. I’m not very Familiar with VCP, but it seems they have an inventory option as well, and it seems they actually find the current value for you. I have been looking at final sales on eBay and tallying up a few to get an average for my cards current value. Does VCP do something like this? Is it accurate? Or am I better just continuing to find the value myself. PSA lists it’s SMR price valuation, which isn’t always current. So I’d love to have something that gets you a more accurate evaluation. Anyone use this feature from VCP?

My collection is predominantly 80’s with some current stuff as well, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/

Plug in the card and check the 3-5 most recent. Look at the dates as sometimes there can be years of gap for scarcer items.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Eavdr10Eavdr10 Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys!

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2020 7:21PM

VCP certainly tracks recent years. I know at least up to 2018 cards and its not only key cards. VCP unfortunately doesn't record all the sales like they use to. Its a better than decent "real time" guide for sure but there are plenty of sale which it doesn't record when averaging.

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I’ve used it for many years. The site explains how it works. Contact them if you have any questions.

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Isn’t the owner of VCP a member here? Maybe he will show up and answer a few questions himself.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:
    Isn’t the owner of VCP a member here? Maybe he will show up and answer a few questions himself.

I don't think he's been seen around here since the Bobby thread linked in my sig.