Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Premium on 1oz Gold Coins up to $135 per coin [Bloomberg]

P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see the trend in chart form. Anyone know what the outlier was back in 2014? What are the factors influencing the premium and are we likely to see it rise or settle back down over the next few months?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-27/gold-buyers-are-forking-over-lofty-135-premiums-for-u-s-coins

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2020 6:44AM

MY OPINION.

The current premium is largely tied to the coronavirus and limited physical gold in the retail sector. Silver has the largest premium I can recall also.

I also would tend to focus on total price rather than premium. I can easily see the premium shrink back to $25 but the gold price go up to $2000.

I think in the short term, the price of gold continues to creep up. At some point, I expect it to drop back down as deflation continues to settle in. Now, is that 3 months, 3 years, or 10 years from now...??? If I knew that I'd be too busy on my yacht to waste time with you plebeians.

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    ...If I knew that I'd be too busy on my yacht to waste time with you plebeians.

:D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those who are holding, and trying to predict the top.....Good luck...I will continue to hold and only watching for fun...Got to have some excitement these days.... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file