Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hey PSA.....No Non Sports Love!!! When did we get Relegated to Third World Status??!!!!!!!

Evening,

So when I checked out 6-7 years ago for my vacation from PSA there was a Non Sports Card Forum on PSA. It's Gone!

What happened...When, Why, Where, Who, What?

YeeHah!

Thanks

Neil

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum upgrade a while back, they consolidated everything here and renamed from "Sports Cards" to "Trading Cards" since the NS forum had 3 year old threads on the first page.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Thats Ok,

I'm more comfortable hanging out with you Dweebs and your Fetish Pictures of Men in Uniforms anyway.....Some of those Non Sports guys gave me the HeebeeJeebies anyway! Sort of like hanging out with those Star Wars Freaks! :D:D:D or Autograph guys! o:)

YeeHah!

Thanks

Neil :*:*:D

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    .....Some of those Non Sports guys gave me the HeebeeJeebies.......

You.

@thedutymon11 said:
    .......Sort of like hanging out with those Star Wars Freaks.......

Still you.

@thedutymon11 said:
    .....or Autograph guys..........

Possibly you again.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

thedootyman11

• Options

@nam812 said:

@thedutymon11 said:
    .....Some of those Non Sports guys gave me the HeebeeJeebies.......

You.

@thedutymon11 said:
    .......Sort of like hanging out with those Star Wars Freaks.......

Still you.

@thedutymon11 said:
    .....or Autograph guys..........

Possibly you again.

Who Are You Again???

B)B)B)

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Hey! Looks like the old gang is getting back together. Waiting on Rube and Lawnmowerman to make an appearance!

• Options

@samspop said:
    Hey! Looks like the old gang is getting back together. Waiting on Rube and Lawnmowerman to make an appearance!

YeeHah!!

Neil

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is useless with out a few pics of your collection

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 9:15PM

@thedutymon11 said:

@samspop said:

YeeHah!!

Neil

Sadly, Rube will not be making appearances on this board or anywhere for that matter.

Although his legend certainly still lives on on these boards.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

B)

• Options

@magicpapa said:

@2dueces said:

See the other two threads on the First Page!!

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

WhoooHOOO!
    I miss Rube. We used to have some funny late night conversations when he was drunk out of his mind.
    Good to see you back Neil- here's a couple from my favorite non sport set

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    edited May 2, 2020 4:43PM

@Griffins said:
    .......here's a couple from my favorite non sport set.........

Every time you show T118 cards it makes me want to do that set. They are beautiful.

Edited to add: I didn't know it was only 25 cards. What the heck is my lazy butt waiting for?

• Options

@nam812 said:

@Griffins said:
    .......here's a couple from my favorite non sport set.........

Every time you show T118 cards it makes me want to do that set. They are beautiful.

Edited to add: I didn't know it was only 25 cards. What the heck is my lazy butt waiting for?

Evening,

Have always loved those sets as well, did that one once, think I had like 2 cards to go! Not a Seriously Difficult set to put together...especially in VG3 to VG-EX4,Go For It!

YeeHah

Neil

• Options

Nick, way overdue, it's an easy set with amazing artwork.
    T68 is 100 cards, similar artwork, and a bit trickier but easily completed. Neither set has a card that is any more expensive then the rest, perhaps just incrementally, but pretty level overall.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

@Griffins said:
    Nick, way overdue, it's an easy set with amazing artwork.
    T68 is 100 cards, similar artwork, and a bit trickier but easily completed. Neither set has a card that is any more expensive then the rest, perhaps just incrementally, but pretty level overall.

Thanks for the info Anthony. I just did a search for T68 cards to get a look at them, and they are very nice too. I noticed 2 different backs (kind of like the T218 set). Are Miners extra or pan handle more desirable/harder than the other?

• Options

I didn't see it making any difference when I was putting the set together. In T218 Tolstoi backs have a bit of a premium, but in T68 I never saw anyone looking or paying more for one or the other. Geronimo and Lincoln seemed a bit tougher, but that may be anecdotal.

• Options

@Griffins said:
    I didn't see it making any difference when I was putting the set together. In T218 Tolstoi backs have a bit of a premium, but in T68 I never saw anyone looking or paying more for one or the other. Geronimo and Lincoln seemed a bit tougher, but that may be anecdotal.

Sorry to keep bothering you Anthony, but I respect your knowledge with sets like this (and many many others for that matter).

I noticed that PSA has labelled some T68s as Heroes of history and some as Men of history. I haven't seen many backs, but I'm guessing the backs say two different things so PSA labels them according to the back. Is that right?

• Options

Nick- never a bother and always reachable. I sold my set last year, but I think the first half (series) is Heroes of History and the second half Men of History, or vice versa. It is according to the back.

• Options
    PennState82PennState82 Posts: 47 ✭✭

• Options
    PennState82PennState82 Posts: 47 ✭✭

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

I love non-sports cards.

• Options

Those are beautiful PennState82.

I wish PSA had the correct holders for those cards instead of over-sizing it and adding the plastic baggie inside.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020 2:34AM

Here’s some nice looking non sport cards...

1977 Star Wars - Series 1 Complete w/Stickers

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest