Home Precious Metals
Options

$135 premium on gold coins? Interesting article...

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    RonBRonB Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2020 10:03PM

““Until the world catches up with the imbalance and gets back to a normal balance of supply and demand, the premiums will stay.”

Silver is worse.. (commands higher premium).

Collector of Classic US Coins
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

One oz. AGE's on APMEX are $165 above current spot and no bars available. Same for JMBULLION 99% of their gold offerings are out of stock.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    One oz. AGE's on APMEX are $165 above current spot and no bars available. Same for JMBULLION 99% of their gold offerings are out of stock.

what is their buy price ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

We’re getting $150 over on 1oz gold and $19 on generic 999 silver.

They snap it up, too. I personally wouldn’t pay that.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... premiums increasing... and demand growing...Buying on the upswing again...soon be time to sell some....Although at this point (and having long held gold , though sold some back at around $2K an ounce), my stacks are virtually 'free'. So any sale for me is pure profit....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

Are you worried when they come back to sell and you offer spot (or less) that you will lose customers/reputation?

• Options

@taxmad said:

@asheland said:

Are you worried when they come back to sell and you offer spot (or less) that you will lose customers/reputation?

That has crossed my mind, but that's what the owner wants to charge, besides, several have pulled out their phones, checked a few places, then said, "I'll take it" we're cheaper than most online places apparently.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@taxmad said:

@asheland said:

That has crossed my mind, but that's what the owner wants to charge, besides, several have pulled out their phones, checked a few places, then said, "I'll take it" we're cheaper than most online places apparently.

Cheaper, or just because yours is live in hand. That has had a huge impact of people locking in deals with us lately.

• Options

@Jinx86 said:

@asheland said:

@taxmad said:

@asheland said:

Cheaper, or just because yours is live in hand. That has had a huge impact of people locking in deals with us lately.

Could be both to be honest. Not sure of the exact reasoning, but they would look, then quickly say they would take it.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

@morgansforever said:

If I had to guess $100 bucks under spot. After the carnage and the economy comes back in a V, PM prices will fall off a cliff when everyone liquidates their physical holdings, jmo.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

@bidask said:

@morgansforever said:

If I had to guess $100 bucks under spot. After the carnage and the economy comes back in a V, PM prices will fall off a cliff when everyone liquidates their physical holdings, jmo.

The several large companies I have dealt with since this began, including some of those named in this thread, are paying well above spot for gold and silver.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CuKevin said:

@morgansforever said:

@bidask said:

@morgansforever said:

The several large companies I have dealt with since this began, including some of those named in this thread, are paying well above spot for gold and silver.

Do you know if they are doing that for non-AGE/etc types? For instance, a 1oz modern commem type of gold issued from the US mint? I'd like to get around $1800 for it, but it is a single and may not be worth it....and, I've never sold to any of the major companies before....
    (Was an ebay, from Apmex, purchase, before)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's not "fake" news. Or surprising, either. Fear drives hard.

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:

@CuKevin said:

@morgansforever said:

@bidask said:

@morgansforever said:

Do you know if they are doing that for non-AGE/etc types? For instance, a 1oz modern commem type of gold issued from the US mint? I'd like to get around $1800 for it, but it is a single and may not be worth it....and, I've never sold to any of the major companies before....
    (Was an ebay, from Apmex, purchase, before)

This was for non-AGE/ASE types. Not sure if it is still the case since premiums have been backing off a little. At least that's my experience.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

With gold probably headed to $1900-$1950 this year or early next year, there's good reason sellers are asking large premiums for their physical gold coins.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold