Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Taxi!

This is just a little thread to read and possibly even enjoy. It's about a mysterious set of cards called Klector cab cards. So the legend goes.....

Back in the 80s to early 90s, there was a NYC Taxi cab driver by the name of Bernard Kleckner. He was a friendly cab driver who worked hard and enjoyed his job, and legend has it that he would print these cards to give to his cab fares so they would become repeat customers. He would take black and white photos and colorize then using colored chalk, and he would then type the backs using a typewriter. He then had the cards printed on glossy card stock at Soloman printing. The story has it, that 400 of each card was printed and legend has it that the cards with Kluckner's NYC Taxi medallion number 2M25 are valued more because they were made while he was still driving his cab from 1981-91. I don't know if this story is true or how this legend came to be, but it is quite interesting to say the least. I have run into these cards on Ebay, and became curious about them, so I'm sharing this story with you all. It should also be noted that PSA does in fact grade these cards. Below are some examples of these cards.

PSA graded examples.

Comments