Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA labels for sale on eBay

I've never seen PSA labels for sale on eBay before. Is this commonplace and I just haven't seen it, or something new? Either way, it just doesn't smells right. This seller (jbvegas10) has several listings with PSA and other TPA labels listed for sale. Many of the labels come from altered cards. I'm not sure how to link his items. Hoping this will work.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jbvegas10/m.html?item=223990604743&hash=item3426e163c7:g:r-UAAOSwmjdepjeG&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Comments

• Options

A few more.....

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send a PM to the moderator. I noticed a similar issue on ebay awhile ago and after contacting him PSA was able to make eBay take down the listings. Hopefully before someone purchases them.

• Options

Thanks. I sent Todd a message. Hopefully he can help get the listings taken down.

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I saw some today as well. Not cool. Just setting someone up to rip someone off.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he cracked all those slabbed cards and did some doctoring.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say he cracked all those slabbed cards and did some doctoring.

Those were never slabbed to begin with. PSA doesn't slab any of those type of altered or colored cards. PSA places the labels on the card savers with the card in question inside the card saver.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vagabond said:

@ArtVandelay said:

Those were never slabbed to begin with. PSA doesn't slab any of those type of altered or colored cards. PSA places the labels on the card savers with the card in question inside the card saver.

Check the card savers w/3-4 flips each in them. I think those are the ones he was referring to.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

You are correct. I read so many that I forgot about those up there. Good catch (and memory).

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

I wish they did holder them and label them as such! Maybe a different color label or something too..

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

These auctions have been reported. Thank you!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.