Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS has a new world coin quarterly special

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going to submit a few 😄

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sent two 4 reales off today.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Latin coinage special?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@7Jaguars said:
    Latin coinage special?

Any country world coin in an NGC holder for regular service which doesn't cross is a $10 charge only.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry guys, but I do not understand the exact meaning of this:
    "Any country world coin in an NGC holder for regular service which doesn't cross **is a $10 charge only.
    what exactly does **which does not cross
    mean?
    does it mean at the same grad? at a lower grade? or is not gradable in PCGS's opinion?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2020 8:39AM

@YQQ said:
    sorry guys, but I do not understand the exact meaning of this:
    "Any country world coin in an NGC holder for regular service which doesn't cross **is a $10 charge only.
    what exactly does **which does not cross
    mean?
    does it mean at the same grad? at a lower grade? or is not gradable in PCGS's opinion?

It depends on what you specify. If you say cross at grade and it doesn't cross, $10. If you say cross at 2 grades down and it doesn't, $10. If it is not gradeable as a crossover, $10.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fee for world coins that didn’t cross used to be $0 (maybe 5 years ago). $10 isn’t so special IMHO. Certainly not any reason to cross something that I wasn’t planning to cross.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe coins that had been graded by both NGC and PCGS for the same grade or better are worth more than a coin graded by one TPG only

Your thoughts ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    The fee for world coins that didn’t cross used to be $0 (maybe 5 years ago). $10 isn’t so special IMHO. Certainly not any reason to cross something that I wasn’t planning to cross.

$10 is certainly better than paying the full submission cost ($22 or $35+).

@bidask said:
    I believe coins that had been graded by both NGC and PCGS for the same grade or better are worth more than a coin graded by one TPG only

Your thoughts ?

Meh, I think that has limited value at best. Unless you tape the old insert that it was cracked out of it would be pretty tough to keep track of that and not sure how much a potential buyer would care.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

Maybe on average, but I tend to evaluate coins one at a time.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    It depends on what you specify. If you say cross at grade and it doesn't cross, $10. If you say cross at 2 grades down and it doesn't, $10. If it is not gradeable as a crossover, $10.

Thank you for that info

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShadyDave said:

@pruebas said:

$10 is certainly better than paying the full submission cost ($22 or $35+).

True, of course. But I think it starts to make the most sense at the Express level.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

Your thoughts ?

I suppose, but that's probably because the coin is nice enough to grade at both TPGs in the first place, and not because it graded at both TPGs.