Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Samples for the weekend!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time to post one of your more interesting samples!

I like this one for the simple design, the 1-7 serial number, the rarity and the fact that I used to live in Alaska.

Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.

Comments

  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2020 5:59PM



    Like this one?

    Ken
  • Options
    android01android01 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Here's a couple:




  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have a couple of generation Sample Slabs;





    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice! :+1:

    Here's an odd ball one - MS on the label but the coin number is for a proof.

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    android01android01 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2020 11:12AM

    Here's another one I found stuffed away in the back of a drawer. I attended this luncheon. It's when State Quarters were all the rage.


  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Larry

  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2020 2:42PM

    Consecutive cert numbers, and I found 36...


    (No. 136, Not my sample)

    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This thread reminds me of a former (now passed) member who's passion was sample slabs....I think I have one or two myself....packed away. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Echoes:

    Didn't realize there was a consecutive run of those! :+1:

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2020 7:02AM

    The 63-D is shown in your thread,
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/936325/pcgs-samples-generations-6-7-last-update-3-14-20#pagetop'
    (Edit to add, also working on the Bison set as shown in this thread, missing 3)

    The four samples came from different sources over a 1yr period.
    I didn't notice at first that the cert numbers were consecutive.

    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

    Thanks "ECHOES" for your link to the past post, I did not know about the small letter "C" on the "Bison" but I would like to add three to the mix 1.-2005-P with the #4159.00/800-447-8848 which is # for "D" nickel 2.2005-D with Obverse showing 3. 2005-D Block letters with bar code at bottom. that Lakesammman for your post!!

  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2020 2:19PM

    Found a cool one, 1962 small 'c' with a 1962-D

    Also, 1999-D New Jersey

    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Like the small c sample - can't believe it took so long to "discover"!

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 290 ✭✭✭

    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/set/172592, PCGS w/CAC Key Date Coins, PCGS Grading Set Coins, Sample Slabs, Doily Labels.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file