Home Precious Metals
Options

5 to 6 weeks shipping...is this elsewhere too?

PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2020 5:21PM in Precious Metals

I checked out an old haunt this evening looking to add a little silver to my holdings. Wow! Are the volume of sales creating this backlog??? Truly?

Would you place an order knowing you'd have to wait over a month for purchase?

https://www.silvertowne.com/

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

This item is currently out of stock.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    This item is currently out of stock.

I changed address to homepage to reflect question. Thanks.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a dealer yes, expect delays on all metals products.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

I placed this order way back in mid-March when Ag was just over $12. Bought as much as I could (only 7 ozs) at the time. It finally shipped yesterday. Kudos to Universal Coin and Bullion for coming through.

You guys in the NRA should be familiar with them.

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Received shipping confirmation today from Scottsdale mint for order placed March 17, after I had one too many ;)

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

April 3rd order for me from Scottsdale Mint for some 5 ounce Stackers, so from your experience I may have to have a few more to relax and wait.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was told today that there's a six week wait on ten ounce bars through my supply chain. Yes, I held off ordering more today. It's been about six weeks out on everything. And a Coronavirus is as good an excuse as any.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sources seem to be getting tight.... prices will be rising - well, rising more... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yes you can pay $10 over spot right now on your silver eagle at APMEX and still have to wait.
    I can be patient. I know they’re coming. I order from reputable dealers.

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    I placed this order way back in mid-March when Ag was just over $12. Bought as much as I could (only 7 ozs) at the time. It finally shipped yesterday. Kudos to Universal Coin and Bullion for coming through.

You and me both, my order finally shipped as well yesterday, took 19 business days from when my check cleared but I averaged $13.75 an ounce for my silver purchased after sales tax which is amazing!!

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    edited April 23, 2020 9:44AM

I just had a conversation with my local dealer and he is not even trying to order silver right now because it can be two months out and he doesn’t want to take peoples money without a firm date for a quicker delivery time. And because he doesn’t trust current spreads he would be offering around spot to purchase. He prefers to purchase and sell gold, right now.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dscoin said:

@VanHalen said:

You and me both, my order finally shipped as well yesterday, took 19 business days from when my check cleared but I averaged $13.75 an ounce for my silver purchased after sales tax which is amazing!!

I paid with a credit card back on 3/16/20! That's about 25 business days!

I am happy they shipped. 7 ozs ain't much but for $108 delivered who's complaining.