Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Pedigree Question about True view

When you send your set to PCGS to have it pedigreed they assign new cert numbers to the coins. Does anyone know if the True View images attached to the old cert numbers get transferred to the new cert numbers?

I sent a couple of emails to PCGS several days apart to ask, but I haven't gotten a reply. I'm guessing their e-mail is pretty full because of the time they were closed.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure they get new numbers?

• Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

You can request that the cert numbers remain the same, then it won't be an issue.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can send an email to the photo department and ask them to connect the TrueView with the new cert.
    I have a couple of MPL's that have TrueViews with 3 and 4 different cert numbers.

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭

I called PCGS and was told the photos would transfer. Then the next day I got a response to my e-mail saying they wouldn't. :-O. When in doubt, go with the one in print.

David

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020 8:38PM

@LincolnCentMan said:
    I called PCGS and was told the photos would transfer. Then the next day I got a response to my e-mail saying they wouldn't. :-O. When in doubt, go with the one in print.

David

I have a Gold Shield where our hosts apologized but they can't find the True View image... but they did mention I could send it back into them and they would take care of everything for an additional $17. not including shipping. That was a nice gesture they offered me to provide a True View image on a Gold Shield graded XF40 coin that somehow was missed the first time they had it.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:

@LincolnCentMan said:

David

I have a Gold Shield where our hosts apologized but they can't find the True View image... but they did mention I could send it back into them and they would take care of everything for an additional $17. not including shipping. That was a nice gesture they offered me to provide a True View image on a Gold Shield graded XF40 coin that somehow was missed the first time they had it.

How is charging you the full Gold Shield fee and shipping a nice gesture?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:

@sedulous said:

@LincolnCentMan said:

David

How is charging you the full Gold Shield fee and shipping a nice gesture?

They should be offering the TrueView at no cost to you. As it is they are charging you the $17 reholder fee for something that should have already been taken care of the first time it was put in the Gold Shield holder. The $17 Gold Shield reholder fee is offered to everyone.

• Options

I had a lot that I sent in and were graded as 'Gold shield' they came back to me without shield on the label. Look them up on their website and they list as gold shield. Maybe they just oopsed.

Collecting world gold, German State silver Marks and other things of interest