Home Precious Metals
Options

dealers -> is it still hard to find silver to sell into the demand?

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

and has the demand started to fade?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2020 6:31PM

yes
    I get numerous calls a day looking for silver. Don't have any, nobody coming in selling anything in the way of silver since outbreak. The only thing I have bought has been 1 oz gold, no local buyers at all for it , having to ship it out.

small gold when it comes in, been fairly easy to sell

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calls every day, every ten minutes actually. We have tons of silver, it's all sold already. We off load the semi directly to the shipping department and strip the pallets down and repackage for all the small orders going out. Im tempted to put both eBay stores on Vacation setting and work just phone sales and shipping out packages. Also still doing the normal scrap melting and assay work.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am surprised at the demand for silver....I expected it to be more for gold, but I guess the cash crunch for people out of work explains that aspect...of course, the buying as prices escalates is always interesting to watch... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver: poor man's gold.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay is flooded with silver. The COMEX also has TONS if you want 1000oz bars, more than you could ever possibly afford to buy.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

CME Stops and Issues Report Reveals that Bankers are Hemorrhaging Physical Silver in April

"The gold (or silver) spot price is calculated by averaging the net value of all gold futures contracts traded for the nearest month and is the price that is used to settle all gold derivative contracts and is the price that is normally used by all physical bullion dealers to price their products (although this obviously has not been the case for the past month or so with physical bullion dealer pricing). So if spot prices were higher than future prices then longs typically didn’t ask for physical delivery. However, because physical prices are so much higher than spot and future prices at the current time, the relationship between spot and futures prices has little bearing on the decision of longs to take physical delivery. With much higher real physical prices, and with supply chain disruptions and mine production being shut down entirely in nations (like Ecuador and Peru that I mentioned above), longs are standing for physical delivery."

• Options

perhaps I should ave asked after there are some re-openings.

I'm thinking things are getting better, but physical silver is not confirming that.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been tough getting in at the store I work at, we've had more gold than anything!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see high prices in some cases online for silver. It's a bummer to see it

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2020 4:54PM

@johnny9434 said:

One AP had dealer pricing of $5.75 over for MBs of ASEs and sold em all.

• Options

@asheland said:
    It's been tough getting in at the store I work at, we've had more gold than anything!

Of course. Gold spot has been roaring up while silver spot is creeping up.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@johnny9434 said:

One AP had dealer pricing of 5.75% over for MBs of ASEs and sold em all.

I don’t think it was 5.75% over for ASEs. No one is selling at that level. Maybe $5.75/oz over is what you meant. Big wholesale dealers are offering more than $4/oz over for ASEs

• Options

We have been cls> @jclovescoins said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@johnny9434 said:

I don’t think it was 5.75% over for ASEs. No one is selling at that level. Maybe $5.75/oz over is what you meant. Big wholesale dealers are offering more than $4/oz over for ASEs

closer to 5-6 over for MB's, and quick sales at 7-9 over.

Thank goodness we have another employee Monday. He was on a 2 week lock down after they had to travel, flights rerouted and just looking out for the rest of the staff. His first day back is moving 1000 oz silver bars around, slight punishment.

• Options

@Jinx86 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@johnny9434 said:

Thank goodness we have another employee Monday. He was on a 2 week lock down after they had to travel, flights rerouted and just looking out for the rest of the staff. His first day back is moving 1000 oz silver bars around, slight punishment.

Hi Jason -

Hope all is well. Are you saying 5-6 dollars over or percent over? 6% of spot is only $1.00. Thanks in advance for clarifying.

• Options

$$$$, no need for %'s in this market. Solid $$$ over. Which make it easier for me. Im not much of a math guy. I like to stick to me rare coins. Still should have held onto that roll of gold I sold you awhile back. You did well on it, I think I made 1.5% on the flip. I still dont move much for bullion personally, although Im finding it easier than coins at the moment.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@johnny9434 said:

yes it was $5.75 over and that was to dealers, not retail. they are paying $3 over. 1 ounce AGEs were going for 5.75% over

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is you get rid of your silver 1st when you need money.
    Keep the gold until after you eat that can in the back.

• Options

Woah nice!!!! Your personal stash?

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the most I ever saw was 4, of course that was during the Hunt peak, so it was a lot of cash.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2020 5:40PM

l> @BAJJERFAN said:

@Jinx86 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@johnny9434 said:

Like these 1000 ounce bars?

And silver was supposed to be rare the dealer told me. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of when I brought a 300# anvil home.

I was paranoid someone was going to pull out in front of me. :D

• Options

Like Pop Tarts, fresh out of the oven.

• Options

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Jinx86 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@johnny9434 said:

Like these 1000 ounce bars?

It's a love hate thing. One of my favorites was a customer with 62 of those damn bricks in the back of a rental van with a mattress over top of themm he was sleeping on while transporting them to us. He had more then double the recommended weight on that axel. Some how it made the 1200 mile trip.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2020 6:51PM

@jclovescoins said:
    Woah nice!!!! Your personal stash?

I wish. Someone on another site is/was selling them.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

so who is starting the gofundme page for the poor dealers who are only getting $6 over spot per ounce?

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said “Like these 1000 ounce bars?”

Nice! I’ll volunteer to help move them.

Higashiyama
  • Options
    goldrealmoney79goldrealmoney79 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Finding lots of silver online, nothing in store.
    Gold is abundant, but with decreased cash flow, im unable to continue buying ounces of gold at this rate.

• Options
    goldrealmoney79goldrealmoney79 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    so who is starting the gofundme page for the poor dealers who are only getting $6 over spot per ounce?

I wouldn't mind being a precious metals dealer, but i like my shinies too much to part with them. Also with all this money printing I cant help but feel that my money is worthless.

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

27000x $15= $405,000 . That's A lot of silver. BEAUTIFUL PICTURE

MIKE B.

• Options

@Mike59 said:
    27000x $15= $405,000 . That's A lot of silver. BEAUTIFUL PICTURE

I will pass it on to the owner if he still has them.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool thread. My biggest issue with silver is it takes up so damn much room. Did I mention it’s heavy too?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:

I love that room! :love::D

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

A room full of silver .....
    or...

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf said:
    A room full of silver .....
    or...

Get both!!!

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    eBay is flooded with silver. The COMEX also has TONS if you want 1000oz bars, more than you could ever possibly afford to buy.

There is no shortage of silver or gold. Silver will only rise over $25 if the fraudsters want it to happen.

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2020 12:29PM
  • Options