Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Found this in my car... OOPS

sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭
edited April 15, 2020 12:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I bought this coin in Maine while on vacation. I hid in in the central console and completely forgot about it :o.... for about a year and a half, OOPS. I recently found it while cleaning my car we are happily reunited. Its PCGS MS-66

Comments

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2020 12:52PM

    For sadysta1


  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice coin!

    "If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

    My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @PerryHall said:

    @ms70 said:
    Was it blast white when you bought it? :p

    That does look like car console toning. ;)

    Was it wrapped in a (used) Taco Bell napkin?

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Gives new meaning to baking in my car. Dude!

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken oih82w8, DCW

  • Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

    No, I bought it toned and paid premium for that.... I forgot how pretty it was....

  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Gorgeous!

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You were lucky. Around here leaving a slab in a closed car during summer would warp or melt the slab.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    ShipwreckCoinHunterShipwreckCoinHunter Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @oih82w8, you collect watches, that is cool, I also have pocket watches from when I tried to collect them. I have an 1896 Elgin Rail road size 18 and a Waltham 1898 size 16

  • Options
    ShipwreckCoinHunterShipwreckCoinHunter Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Congrats of finding your long lost treasures 👍

  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice. Fortunate you discovered it.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice !!! :)

    Timbuk3
  • Options
    wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 93 ✭✭✭

    Nice finds!

  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I found an antique pair of British handcuffs under the back seat of a used car I bought years ago. They were decent and I sold them for two beans......

  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Beautiful quarter. Nice find.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I hesitate to start on some boxes that have remained packed for 12 years...I get lost in such activities and hours fly by...Of course, spending this time at home may just lead to that... ;) Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I play with old cars, and you would be amazed at what is left in the cars. These are cars that are sold, not impounded. I have found guns in 4 of them, drugs in 15% or so. I had a neighbor who was a police officer, and he would bring a dog to sniff out a car when I brought it home, and take stuff away. some amount of money in most, a lot in some. One car, paid $600 for it, had money in plain sight when I test drove it, and still there when I picked it up. They guy said it was not worth his time to clean it out. $20 bills in plain sight? Over $150 in that car. Another car, $200 car, had 2 $100 bills tightly rolled, like Coke sniffing straws in the glove box.

    Some old post, cannot find it, I documented a car that had been purchased in 1965 and wrecked in 1970 ??, don't remember, and all the coins, including silver, that were in the car.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file