Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Are PSA/DNA graded cards allowed in set registries?

I have an Andre Dawson PSA 9 that is also DNA certified. Would this be allowed in the registry? I just tried to add it to the basic registry set and it would not go through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Working on the following sets
1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed cards, as long as the card itself is graded, can be added to player sets. You need to “report a Cert that matches this composite” and they should add it for you. If it still gets rejected, email the set registry folks directly about the issue and they should allow it. I have signed cards in my Hannah and Yaz registry sets.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcoltsfan said:
    I have an Andre Dawson PSA 9 that is also DNA certified. Would this be allowed in the registry? I just tried to add it to the basic registry set and it would not go through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it is for the Topps set, I believe the answer is no.

If it is for a player or master set, I believe the answer is yes.

You may need to ‘Request a Cert that should match a checklist’ and that will probably do it.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@abcoltsfan said:

You may need to ‘Request a Cert that should match a checklist’ and that will probably do it.

Correct, only allowed in player sets.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@abcoltsfan said:

Thanks for the clarification. What is the reasoning behind this do you know? My card is his RC. I was trying to add to the Topps registry. It makes no sense needing a 2nd PSA 9. Thanks.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the idea is that for actual company sets, you can compete either in the PSA OR PSA/DNA registry. That’s why they have the two distinct and separate registries.

For player sets, it’s pretty much anything goes and whatever you have to do to get to complete...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcoltsfan said:

@DBesse27 said:

@abcoltsfan said:

Thanks for the clarification. What is the reasoning behind this do you know? My card is his RC. I was trying to add to the Topps registry. It makes no sense needing a 2nd PSA 9. Thanks.

BASIC Set.

What is the card? Signed after the fact or pulled from a pack already signed? If you want a good answer, you need to give good information.

A basic set (generally speaking) is just that, the basic card of the player, no league leader, team or multi player cards allowed. I am assuming that would exclude anything signed unless that was the basic card in the year issued.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set