KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today’s delivery from my business

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are awesome IMO! What a tribute to the original design. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice images. Looks like one coin has a hit at the tip of the nose.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since it’s just bullion, the technical grade isn’t as important as having it slabbed for authentication purposes. It will help you move it easier if it’s in a slab.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2020 6:44PM

I would not pay have to those graded.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Dansco full of those would be pretty cool, dontcha think?

I would probably get them slabbed, but since they're just bullion it would be because they look nice in holders and they'll be easy to sell come time to do so.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:

I would probably get them slabbed, but since they're just bullion it would be because they look nice in holders and they'll be easy to sell come time to do so.

They look great in holders. No grade, just certified.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Review sold prices and see if it helps you decide.
    Not sure I would pay for grading, if I needed it in a slab I would have bought a graded one.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2014+1+oz+buffalo+gold&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=2015+1+oz+buffalo+gold&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2020 7:07PM

If a piece is particularly special to me I like to get it encapsulated just to preserve it regardless of the value.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@Downtown1974 said:
    Since it’s just bullion, the technical grade isn’t as important as having it slabbed for authentication purposes. It will help you move it easier if it’s in a slab.

I belIeve there are more than enough buyers, who don’t need authentication for such items. And it’s unlikely that the postage and grading fees would be recaptured when the coins are sold.

This. I love PCGS but in this case it's just not cost effective.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are just bullion and will likely be bought as such by future buyers. Don't waste money on slabbing such items unless the slab brings a premium sufficient to justify the cost.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's up to you.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not slab mine....just keep them with the original box and certificate....Those are really nice...Thanks for the really great pictures Kathy....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2020 7:18AM

Ebay sales for those dates is around $1700- $1800, graded and ungraded.
    Are they worth grading? Depends on how much you paid for them and what you want for them.
    jmo

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Are they worth grading? Depends on how much you paid for them and what you want for them.
    jmo

Cost should have no bearing on whether they merit grading. Other than wanting them encapsulated for the sake of appearance and/or preservation, the other consideration would be the cost to do so, compared to the potential difference in value and ease of selling.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@Bullsitter said:
    jmo

Cost should have no bearing on whether they merit grading. Other than wanting them encapsulated for the sake of appearance and/or preservation, the other consideration would be the cost to do so, compared to the potential difference in value and ease of selling.

You're correct.
    I should have said no to having them graded because that was the question... ;)

Good luck on your business quest Kathy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file