Home U.S. Coin Forum

My latest NewP for my Seated Dime Top 100 Variety Set!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 7, 2020 8:47AM in U.S. Coin Forum

This is a very nice example of the F-103 MPD where there is a tail of a digit just to the Right of LIBERTY ribbon. Thanks for looking and comments welcome. :) The white mark on reverse is a scuff on slab.

Comments

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice looking coin. Looks better than 55 to me.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. No observable high point wear. What digit is up there in the drapery?

With most of the central obverse field luster gone, one really can't grade it much higher.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@roadrunner said:
    Nice coin. No observable high point wear. What digit is up there in the drapery?

With most of the central obverse field luster gone, one really can't grade it much higher.

Could be the tail of a 9 or 5.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice dime Jon... but I just cannot see the 'tail of the digit'....I know it is me, I am sure it is there...Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another winner. :)

@ricko said:
    Nice dime Jon... but I just cannot see the 'tail of the digit'....I know it is me, I am sure it is there...Cheers, RickO

You are kidding......right. It's in the close-up pic.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN....OK... I really did not see it before.... I have been outside working and one indoor project...and I just came back to the forum, and saw your post.... I looked at it again (opened in new window) and 'voila', I see it.... :D
    Thanks...I just must have had cloudy eyes earlier....Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    @DIMEMAN....OK... I really did not see it before.... I have been outside working and one indoor project...and I just came back to the forum, and saw your post.... I looked at it again (opened in new window) and 'voila', I see it.... :D
    Thanks...I just must have had cloudy eyes earlier....Cheers, RickO

I was just joking with you. But you can actually see it in the obverse pic if you know where to look. I put the close-up in the photo to really show it. :)

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2020 1:25PM

Really nice dime Jon!

Here is the description and link for Gerry Fortin's Liberty Seated Dimes Varieties for 1859 10C F103;

"Comments: This is an excellent example of a With Stars misplaced date. The bottom loop of the extra 9 in the gown was evident in Kam Ahwash's encyclopedia for 14 years until the author discovered its existence during 1991. A potential second digit in the upper shield between stripes 10 and 11 was later identified.

Reverse C is perfect.

This is a popular variety that is listed as #46 in the Top 100 Varieties set and also included in the Top 25 Misplaced Date set."

http://www.seateddimevarieties.com/date_mintmark/1859_103page.htm

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file