Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1969 with double pinter date and s mark

Hi, i am from Italy and i have found this coin in my collection. i would like to know kindly if there is a market for this coin and if it has a value
thank you very much, have a nice day,

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but your coin has mechanical doubling. it is caused by the die being loose in the coining press. This causing the die to move slightly when the coin is struck. It is a common problem in the high speed, high volume production process and is not considered an error.

The rare 1969-S doubled die looks completely different. The die was made incorrectly

Your coin is only worth 1 cent

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got a nice, crisp photo though. That made it very easy to determine value.

1969 was plagued by mechanical doubling more than just about any other year. It just so happens that one of the most valuable doubled dies in the entire series also occurred in 1969, and this fools every new collector looking at their change.

Welcome to the forums.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@polarhorse....Welcome aboard....You have the answer above, however, please tell us more about your collection. There are many experts here that can help you with questions. Good luck....Cheers, RickO

• Options

thank you very much, soon i will post a discussion about my us coin collections

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

What you have there is MD.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like you in Italy, most of us in the US are indoors during this crisis. Gives us plenty of time to examine what might just be laying around in blue books, jars, and safes....hope you do find something great!

Welcome,
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I opened this thread thinking it was about The Birthday Party.

Nice example of machine doubling on your cent @polarhorse

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file