Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Certified Ingots

Trying again to find info about a 100 oz silver
bar stamped Certified Ingots. There is one for sale on eBay but no info from seller. Any information anyone has is much appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales gimmick.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No details, no sale.... did you try to contact the seller? If no response, then just pass....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 19

Thanks for the tip RickO. The seller is legit and the bar is guaranteed but I would feel better knowing the company was putting out Certified
    Ingots as the name implies. He has no info on the company but the bar has tested pure.There were a lot of producers of silver bars
    and it very well could be legit. Sometimes these lesser known brands can be a buy. That being said I am trying to do my homework.
    Thanks again for your advice.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Study hard. Good luck!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

If in doubt, pass.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're having trouble finding info about the ingot, what will happen when you want to sell? You may trust the seller, but do you think any future buyer will have that same trust in you?

IMO, I would pass. Not because it might be fake (I'm assuming you have a strong history with the seller and your trust has been earned), but because there is a good chance you'll get a heavily discounted offer later. Sometimes, a good buy may end up being a bad buy.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 19

Thanks for your comments.
    Good advice. I’m sort of taking it on as a challenge to discover its origin. I love a good challenge. Trying to keep my mind stimulated during these stay at home days. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file