Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

As Good As Gold

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

RULAU IL-Chi 144 The Royal Tailors, Chicago Illinois struck in Aluminum with Reeded edge and pictorial
of Tiger charging through the jungle. Now this is a pictorial! Best one I could find in several years.
Noted by Rulau as one of the most collected token of the 1890's

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020 1:27AM

@coinsarefun said:
    RULAU IL-Chi 144 The Royal Tailors, Chicago Illinois struck in Aluminum with Reeded edge and pictorial
    of Tiger charging through the jungle. Now this is a pictorial! Best one I could find in several years.
    Noted by Rulau as one of the most collected token of the 1890's

It's pretty incredible that this was one of the most collected tokens!

Congrats! It's a beautiful design! Thanks for sharing :+1:

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great looking token.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an interesting token... Tigers have always intrigued me (interesting experience once)...Thought about collecting tiger coins...several from Asia....may still do that. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020 5:05AM

I'm not a token guy, but this one is inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

"The bigger the trade the better the grade"

Sounds like a slogan that could be used in TPG biz! ;)

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, I like it, thank you for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that slogan " Better the grade Bigger the trade" has a numismatic ring to it.
    Tiger beer in Nam was tasty! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice token. Aluminum became moderately cost effective to manufacture in 1889 so in the 1890’s would likely have been popular due to the novelty factor.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one cool token.

WTG!

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they are not in business, I would have wanted to take in one of those tokens and asked for a gold dollar instead of the duds.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I’ve looked for several years for a mint state example.
    You would think because it’s such a relatively common and popular one with collectors you could find a nice example.They must be hoarding these as this is the nicest one I’ve seen in a long time.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. It's nice to see new stuff like this

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file