Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Indian Head series

Recently I begun collecting US Coins. However several years earlier I bought the Indian Head Coins because these are the most beautiful coins ever for me.

I think US Collectors love these coins too?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice gold coins... the $5 is my favorite... I have a 1909D like yours...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Classics all. You have good taste. Thanks for sharing. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great series, fairly easy to collect except a few pricey dates. Just do lots of reading or pick up a couple publications like this. Look at lots of examples both real and counterfeit. If you know who you're dealing with this shouldn't be a major obstacle - while not as prevalent as some suggest there are fakes... good counterfeits... out there.

Mark

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a set of sandblast proofs that the ANS purchased directly from the Mint in 1914 and has been here ever since.

$2 1/2 gold Indian.
    American Numismatic Society, 1914.213.2

$5 gold Indian.
    American Numismatic Society, 1914.213.1

$10 gold Indian.
    American Numismatic Society, 1914.213.3

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always loved the $10 Indian. The design is wicked nice. Best wishes all

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of my favorite coins!

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Until recently I had a date set of the $2.50. I'm now in the process of building another set. They are great little coins that won't break the bank to assemble.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ow cool 😀 that’s the same exact type set I have as well. 👍👍👍👍

You have an awesome little collection of gold 👍

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums! I love the Indian gold as well. :)

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I traded the four liberties in this picture, but those are my current Indians:

• Options
    wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Thanks to all for posting tips and pictures. I really appreciate it!

• Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Wow! on the $10 sandblast proof. Somehow I had missed that one, I didn't know they even existed.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been collecting $10 Indians for 20 years now, I have a lot of MS-63's and a few MS-66's, the semi key and key dates are for the most part AU-58's. I haven't bought any for the last 6 months though, they are just too expensive now

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real nice coins!

• Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always loved the Indian Eagle design even though Lady Liberty looks more Scandinavian than Native American. Here's my Indian Eagle "typeset"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file