Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I’m gonna really test your grading skills with this Missouri

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

What grade would you assign this coin ?
Also anyone know the variety ?

Thank you

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see that obv and rev die break so that's a big clue! I also see some latent print action on the obv rim. That's not a clue. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU-58.
    Planchet flaw at 3:00 (small irregular rim clip).

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

9 stupid threads on page one that could have been one smart thread, what's up with that?? maybe you should be a little less selfish and give other members room on page one by combining the threads and the coins.

JMHO and an honest suggestion. B)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you seeking buying or selling advice for these coins?

• Options

@keets said:
    9 stupid threads on page one that could have been one smart thread, what's up with that?? maybe you should be a little less selfish and give other members room on page one by combining the threads and the coins.

Maybe B)

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give it a go my first impression was 55

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

Agree big time. OP may be taking advantage of the kinder members, or something. Making small talk, or providing some entertainment, or promoting his coins or doesn't want to do his own research. So what are you up to OP? (I do find these posts interesting BTW.)

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics. 63

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude! You're a hot shot financial guru! Why are you even wasting your time on this crap?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:
    Dude! You're a hot shot financial guru! Why are you even wasting your time on this crap?

The market's down 30%. Maybe it's come to this... ;)

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine then. I"ll play. 64?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020 5:38PM

No idea.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever grade it might be, it "looks" well circulated with lots of handling marks. Would not be a fan unless it was graded AU or lower.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

I would guess it is either AU58 or MS64 depending entirely on the luster, which I cannot determine from the photo.

• Options

@MrEureka said:

I'm a coin nerd and this is my coin playtime to take mind off of Wall Street.

Thank you all for your input /guesses...the Missouri I may submit to PCGS for grading ...will let you know.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

IMHO and an honest suggestion: Give us all a break. You can just pass over the "stupid posts/threads" as I do except in this case.

BTW, I find the quality of discussions on the US board here on CU to be much better than any of the other Internet forums.

• Options

@roadrunner said:
    Whatever grade it might be, it "looks" well circulated with lots of handling marks. Would not be a fan unless it was graded AU or lower.

What is your definition of "well circulated"? Mine is VF. The OP's coin is much nicer

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I believe it’s an au 58 Isee a little rub on the hair on the obverse or a small rub on the braid on the reverse

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have read about how farmers bought large numbers Missouri Plain commemorative half dollars at the state fair who immediately stuffed them into the pockets of their overalls with their Ingersoll pocket watches. I guess this is one them.

It looks like an AU that been cleaned to me.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@keets said:

To continue our conversation....Some days CU seems dead. Other days it is jumping. In either case, no one wants a busy-body-snitch around if something does not interest them.

Example: Member X posts five GTG withing 2 minutes one after another that takes space on page one. Do you really think that when you reported a member for posting non-controversial discussions with different coins posted that the mods would delete a few of his discussions? I guess you <3 are a VIP around here and I'm mistaken.

• Options
    GSpencerGSpencer Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

AU details (cleaned)

Plain variety. FWIW, I live in Missouri & am a fan of the MO comm. But I like the 2*4 variety better. 👍

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

It certainly has wear and the picture does make it look cleaned.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@roadrunner said:

What is your definition of "well circulated"? Mine is VF. The OP's coin is much nicer

How about "doesn't look at all like an uncirculated coin." "Obvious wear." "Considerable luster missing." Take your pick.....or all 3.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file