Home Precious Metals
Options

Worthless crystal ball time.

My observations are rather bleak, but at the same time I believe there will be a mild rebound followed by more setbacks. I am interested where everyone believes the following will be on December 31, 2020? I’ll start:

Dow- 15,000
Unemployment 10%
Gld- 2000
silver - 20
Plat - 800
PD- 1500

“It’s the economy stupid”. Pass the Purell!

Comments

• Options
    RonBRonB Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're close.
    Maybe 10-20% higher would be my guess, nothing to cheer about..

Collector of Classic US Coins
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dow - 28,000+
    Gold - 1720
    Silver - 21
    Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dollar will be worth much less. Gold will buy more of them.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unemployment will be staying high for many months. This recovery is going to take longer than expected because of the $2.2 trillion stimulus bill. Plus there are trillions more USD coming in Stimulus Phase IV.

Every person in the country on unemployment will be getting an EXTRA $600 on top of their "regular"unemployment benefits. Many (most?) will be earning more sitting home than working for the next 4 months. This covers April, May, June and July.

Many people will be happy to draw $900 to $1200/week unemployment rather than return to work for a $500 to $800/weekly wage. Chuck Schumer calls it unemployment on steroids. Indeed. Up to 30 million Americans will out of work by May 1st.

Dow - 22,000+
    Gold - 1850
    Silver - 22

Unemployment will hit 20% in May. It may well be under 7% by the end of the year though.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

While some folks may want to sit at home after things open up, I expect that the vast majority value meaning and purpose in their lives, and had experienced that meaning and purpose as relating to what they have to offer by way of employment.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

We should see three peaks to this, April/now, ~september, ~feb/march. The height of the 2nd peak will be key to the recovery. If they have a treatment that will flatten the peak by June'ish and give us time for a vaccine by Jan...then boom goes the economy.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inflation will pick up. I have seen multiple price increases in food ( This was expected due to Supply/ demand shock)
    I was notified that our Sewer rates will go up 10% per year for the next 3 years. 30% increase in a 0.05 % money market world.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metalmeister said:
    Inflation will pick up. I have seen multiple price increases in food ( This was expected due to Supply/ demand shock)
    I was notified that our Sewer rates will go up 10% per year for the next 3 years. 30% increase in a 0.05 % money market world.

It's al that toliet paper being flushed! :)

Ken
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Politicians should be on the unemployment lines. Jmo