Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Update: 2 coins released _ Will the first 2020 W quarter still be released on Monday the 6th?

Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 5, 2020 3:52PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Any update on if Monday is still the release date? Any info on locations?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was the plan in January, no updates but it sounded like the same as 2019 releases - mixed into the ballistic bags sent to the contracted coin terminals.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/adding-v75-privy-mark-means-2020-w-quarter-for-american-samoa-will-be-released-last

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2020 7:52AM

Largest cities first, especially if a FED reserve bank or branch nearby. Google Fed reserve bank locations. However, most commercial banks closed except for drive thrus. I do have one bank that gives me 3 boxes through the big drive thru drawer.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

How do I find out what cities will get these bags?
    thanks

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Opening day Monday, Let the fun begin !!!

• Options

A breaking development released by the U.S. Mint at 12:51 p.m. Eastern Time April 3 indicates the 2020-W National Park of American

• Options

According to the April 3 Note to Editors, “The Mint will be releasing the first two 2020 ‘W’ America the Beautiful Quarters, honoring the National Park of American Samoa (American Samoa) and the Weir Farm National Historic Site (Connecticut), on April 6.

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    According to the April 3 Note to Editors, “The Mint will be releasing the first two 2020 ‘W’ America the Beautiful Quarters, honoring the National Park of American Samoa (American Samoa) and the Weir Farm National Historic Site (Connecticut), on April 6.

Todd Martin, acting director of the Mint’s Office of Corporate Communication, confirmed that U.S. Mint officials had verified inclusion of the American Samoa West Point Mint strikes in addition to the Weir Farm coins in the April 6 release, after Coin World had closed out its deadline for the April 20 cover issue. The print story references only the 2020-W Weir Farm coin release, since the American Samoa release was not yet confirmed.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I wonder what the odds are that these coins will make it anywhere outside the initial distribution areas?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020 7:15AM

CoinWorld confirms W Batcoin (Samoa) will also be released April 6.

No details on how. Will it be included in the bags (and boxes) of Weirs or included in bags of Samoa that have not yet been shipped? I suspect all P & D Samoas have shipped and it will be included in the Weirs. If so that should increase the total number of W's in the Weir boxes.

Keep in mind, with bank lobbies closed, there is and will be little demand for boxes of quarters from the banks. The boxes are to normally fill the need of their commercial customers, most of whom remain closed.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    CoinWorld confirms W Batcoin (Samoa) will also be released April 6.

No details on how. Will it be included in the bags (and boxes) of Weirs or included in bags of Samoa that have not yet been shipped? I suspect all P & D Samoas have shipped and it will be included in the Weirs. If so that should increase the total number of W's in the Weir boxes.

Keep in mind, with bank lobbies closed, there is and will be little demand for boxes of quarters from the banks. The boxes are to normally fill the need of their commercial customers, most of whom remain closed.

Bank lobbies in my area remain open, I was at one last Friday - but I am with you, if your timing is right, the payday might be very nice!

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mas3387 ....Wow... now that is fast.... Where did you find that one? We need the backstory here.... ;) If you find another, keep me in mind.... :) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file