Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

USPS possibly closing due to covid19 ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe that box was shipped by BBCE. Steve always uses plain brown boxes.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    I don't believe that box was shipped by BBCE. Steve always uses plain brown boxes.

And it's not wrapped. I'm guessing it was sent in for wrapping by Steve and received that way.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

you're both right. i guess that sight was so ghastly that i didn't take time to read between the lines. but no question the culpability still lies with the shipper in this instance.......that was swallowing far too much unnecessary risk.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

A little bit of a swerve in topic, but anyone gotten a delay from UPS for civil unrest?

Unfortunately, received that today for a 12 pounder of junkish wax to pass the time/celebrate the big 4-0 next week.

• Options

Yes, UPS is running behind. I had a package from Steve that was delayed a couple of times in transit. Lots of rioting going on.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Thanks, Tim.

Gives me hope of an eventual delivery, anyway.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭

Like another poster, I have been impressed. I sold a $50 PSA card that got lost in the middle of nowhere on its way to the seller. I made an inquiry on the USPS website, and the local post office where the package was to be delivered called me twice, once even around 4 pm on a Saturday. I was super impressed. The package finally did arrive.

Don

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the tracking for a package I'm still waiting for (it took six days to get from Commerce, MI, to Detroit - about 30-35 miles):

Jun 5, 2020
    6:18pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    ALLEN PARK, MI 48101

Jun 5, 2020
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
    DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Jun 5, 2020
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Jun 3, 2020
    12:00am
    In Transit to Next Facility

Jun 1, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving On Time

May 30, 2020
    5:00pm
    USPS picked up item
    COMMERCE TOWNSHIP, MI 48382

May 30, 2020
    11:10am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

May 30, 2020
    8:10am
    Tracking number provided

Steve

• Options
    edited June 5, 2020 10:16PM

@SDSportsFan said:
    Here's the tracking for a package I'm still waiting for (it took six days to get from Commerce, MI, to Detroit - about 30-35 miles):

Jun 5, 2020
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    ALLEN PARK, MI 48101

Jun 5, 2020
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility

Jun 5, 2020
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Jun 3, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility

Jun 1, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving On Time

May 30, 2020
    5:00pm
    USPS picked up item

May 30, 2020
    11:10am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

May 30, 2020
    8:10am
    Tracking number provided

Steve

That's not really too bad when you consider it was only picked up last Saturday night. You just got an tracking update today, too. I bet it gets dlvd by Tuesday.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    That's not really too bad when you consider it was only picked up last Saturday night. You just got an tracking update today, too. I bet it gets dlvd by Tuesday.

Thing is, it was sent Priority Mail, and according to USPS, it was supposed to be delivered to me in Texas this past Tuesday (four days ago)!

Steve

• Options

@SDSportsFan said:

@grote15 said:

Thing is, it was sent Priority Mail, and according to USPS, it was supposed to be delivered to me in Texas this past Tuesday (four days ago)!

Steve

Priority mail is typically 3-4 business days right now so it is a bit late (especially with everything going on right now) but I wouldn't worry about it based on that tracking progression.

• Options

I hope you're right grote15.....thanks!

Steve

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    I'm nearing 4 weeks on a package from Portugal and 3 on one from Canada. I'm sure they'll eventually make it through. Just ordered one from Belgium today, not expecting to receive anytime soon.

Canadian order due to arrive today according to Informed Delivery, shipped 5/11, just under a month from Ontario to AZ. It's a PWE so no idea where the holdup was.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    @erikthredd - I've got a rare card coming from Spain as well, and it's been 37 days and counting since the purchase, so I feel your pain. It sucks because all we can do is wait and hope that they get here.

Just curious,did this card from Spain arrive yet? I'm still waiting on that one purchase from before the lockdown.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

i live in Houston and dropped off a USPS padded priority flat-rate envelope last Saturday at 3 pm CDT and the buyer in North Providence, RI received it before he ate lunch today

about as good as it gets

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@blurryface said:
    post office has been doing a remarkable job both incoming and outgoing for me. we usually only bring up the bad, but i've been thoroughly impressed. my actual mailman has actually been dropping off a good 2 hours earlier each day.

incoming international has been a prob though.

Matches my experience. My regular postman has been awesome, even stopping by early evening on Tuesday to complete a pickup that was missed during regular delivery time and running it to the main hub to get it out on time.

I'm nearing 4 weeks on a package from Portugal and 3 on one from Canada. I'm sure they'll eventually make it through. Just ordered one from Belgium today, not expecting to receive anytime soon.

Portugal, just over 3 months :o Shipped May 1st, arrived today.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can confirm anywhere in Europe is just a tad over 3 months. Right now I have a Canada pegged at about 5.5 weeks. Mexico surprisingly quicker at 3 weeks. Russia & China? Forget about it. 5+ months.

• Options

I'm still waiting on my Spain shipment from early April, turns out it spent 7 days at my local PO before getting shipped back to Spain because of Insufficient Address. God only knows where it's at right now.
    International shipping has gone pretty quickly for me lately though, I've had two shipments from Spain and two from Canada all arrive under two weeks through standard shipping.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way the USPS closes. They have the November Presidential Election ballots to deal with.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@LarkinCollector said:

Getting faster, Belgium was "only" 10 weeks.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would we even notice if the USPS were to shutdown? Would there a You Tube video to help us notice the difference?🤨🤨

• Options

Woohoo! Looks like my Spain package from early April just left for its second trip to America lol. Here's hoping it actually has the full address this time.

@erikthredd said:

• Options

@Tibor said:
    Would we even notice if the USPS were to shutdown? Would there a You Tube video to help us notice the difference?🤨🤨

If you are a collector or buy and/or sell cards, that answer should be obvious.