Home Precious Metals
Options

500 OUNCE SILVER SHOT $8045

Mike59Mike59 Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

So JM Bullion has 500 OZ silver shot for $8045 per bag. That's $16.09 an ounce, cheapest silver I've seen but what do you do with it if you don't have forge or smelting available. Im not that guy but I do enjoy watching "Backyard Bullion" on YouTube.

https://www.jmbullion.com/500-oz-silver-shot/
Mike

MIKE B.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing that the only way to sell it at a later time is to ship it to a refinery and wait for their offer. Not for me.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've bought ASEs on ebay in the past (with bonus bux) for less spread. I'll wait for "normal" to return, if it ever does.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

An old school friend of mine makes jewelry and uses shot.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start your own pour and stamping operation. Small bench furnace and mold and tools might cost $2K out of pocket. That would be a very basic system. And BAM, start selling on ebay for spot+6/oz with a cool name on em.

• Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    Start your own pour and stamping operation. Small bench furnace and mold and tools might cost $2K out of pocket. That would be a very basic system. And BAM, start selling on ebay for spot+6/oz with a cool name on em.

And how does one verify and guarantee the purity of the end product they plan to sell?

• Options

Have a website, youtube videos, and solid feedback. You can change the name of an existing ebay account and keep the feedback. I did that once when I went from just a collector to a seller with a store. Got off with a few thousand feedback to start the store account.

• Options

@ricko

Detective Ricko hard at work.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2020 6:53PM

Backyard bullion temporary closed their operation recently because of supply issues, he talks about it on his latest video.

I have been playing around with aluminum and copper in my own backyard forge/smelter working my way through the different metals... 500oz of silver shot is quite the commitment and not for me at the moment.

I do have a 500g bag of Sterling I plan to play around with soon though.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sterling has a melt point about 300 degrees lower than pure silver, though I have never tried it myself. Cheers, RickO