Home Precious Metals

(Kitco 4/2) Bullion shortage - What to do

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was pondering a monster box a few weeks ago at around $9,000. I'm still pondering it now at around $13,000+.

Instead of buying more silver, I've been careful to keep some cash in the bank, etc. for those times when you really don't know which way things are going to go.

Silver at today's premiums? Maybe a good deal, then again the premiums can always evaporate. We shall see.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

What to do? wait.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I was pondering a monster box a few weeks ago at around $9,000. I'm still pondering it now at around $13,000+.

Instead of buying more silver, I've been careful to keep some cash in the bank, etc. for those times when you really don't know which way things are going to go.

Silver at today's premiums? Maybe a good deal, then again the premiums can always evaporate. We shall see.

No not a good deal , you have a ton of metal already just ignore everything thats going on check back in a month.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not a good deal. It may never be a good deal again, so any purchases now would be a speculation on a speculation.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

can't stack premiums

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can't personally buy at normal premiums, I'll just hold my cash...

• RonBRonB Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭✭

$50 AGE's, Buffalo's or $20 pre-33's would take up a heck of a lot less real estate..

Collector of Classic US Coins
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would recommend a 'wait and watch' position.... still a lot to come out of this whole situation. Cheers, RickO

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought one last roll of generic silver buffalos last week while silver prices were falling. It was all my shop was offering per person at that time. I paid $297 for the tube. Now I'm in a wait and see what the hell happens mode. I'm pretty comfortable with my stash and it was never for the short term planning either way.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2020 11:28AM

Bucks just showed up. I found an AGE to nab with them. worked well for me. First buy in a month, scratched a growing cabin fever itch.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Bucks showed up and I invested in vegetable seeds

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly wait a few weeks. The markets will be flooded with new metal and premiums will be dropping faster than a barrel of WTI crude.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCache said:
    My Bucks showed up and I invested in vegetable seeds

Nice, couple of new chainsaw blades for me. May as well start cutting before the summer heats up,

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time to clean out the junk, organize, paint and general fix up stuff. Good luck all. Take Vitamins and herbs and most important AVOID SUGAR. Virus feeds on sugar which is acidic in the body.

My crystal ball is fuzzy with PM's pricing.

GLTA

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metalmeister said “Time to clean out the junk, organize, paint and general fix up stuff”

Exactly! I’ve been finding plenty to do. Got my power washer out ...

Higashiyama
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna be a lot of yard/garage sales this summer.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• MeshMesh Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Gonna be a lot of yard/garage sales this summer.

yep and a whole lot of new ebay members, getting ready to sell all their worldly possessions.