Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosie Friends, Please Post We Know You're OK...

labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope all my Roosie buddies are well and staying safe. Would love to hear if you and family are well.

Oh, and post a coin of recent purchase.

Here's a few for the times:

Got The Blues?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing well. The street cleaner went down the street twice and I paused Netflix to stand on my porch and watch. Can you tell I’m bored?

No recent purchase as I’m poor.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me and Mrs. Dime are fine. :) No new Roosies. :(

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to stay busy at work(and safe)! Still very few cases in my segment of Appalachia!

• Options

@lablover said:
    Hope all my Roosie buddies are well and staying safe. Would love to hear if you and family are well.

Got The Blues?

Beautiful Dimes!!!

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I'm certainly not in the " inner circle " of " The Roosie Gang " it is my focus area of collecting.
    I was quarantined for 36 hours last week until a contact was cleared. ( I'm a paramedic ). Spending a lot of time and effort tracking down PPE for the company. Working 24 hrs on, 48 off, Wifey is staying home ( out patient surgery nurse ). Lots of Netflix and hot tub time. Missing my grandkids terribly. I believe that is the worst part. Can't wait for this to be over.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

We in Northern CA were among the first ordered to shelter-in-place. Not much fun, but fortunately my wife and I are currently in good health. Haven't purchased any Roosies in about a month but keeping an eye out in case anything irresistible pops up. Thanks for asking. :)

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

State of KY. had 100+ new cases of the virus and 11 deaths yesterday.
    I am staying home as much as possible, even though KY. is one state that has not yet issued a "shelter-in-place" mandate.
    All non-essential businesses have been ordered to close.
    The WORST is yet to come guys.
    This virus is not going to disappear like a fart in the wind.
    There is no cure for it and it is mutating. If a drug is found for the current strain, the drug may
    not work on the mutated strain.
    This virus will most likely return in the fall, (and may not go away completely before then).
    Sell your stock if you have any, buy gold (the currency of the world), and Roosies.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Regards,
    Danny

• Options

Happy to hear all are well and taking efforts to remain that way.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

All is well here in sunny San Diego. Well not so sunny recently. I decided to retire as of March 1.
    Nothing new on the roosie front with me. Glad everyone is doing well. Stay safe all

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    All is well here in sunny San Diego. Well not so sunny recently. I decided to retire as of March 1.
    Nothing new on the roosie front with me. Glad everyone is doing well. Stay safe all

Retired? Congrats my friend; Welcome to the land of "I can't afford expensive coins anymore". :)

No matter, it's all good when we're not working. Although, I might have to if this market doesn't get better.

• Options
    LovethedimesLovethedimes Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

So far so good in SW Ohio. Nice dimes. I think I used to own your 50-S!

• Options

@david3142 said:
    Very cool story! Here’s a picture of the two coins as they currently reside. The 54-S upgraded a few weeks ago to 68+*FT.

I recall the 58D very well; the best 58D I've ever seen!!! What a set Nick and I built, and will always remember the building of our brotherhood, which is far more important then the set. Enjoy the coin, however never forget those that came before you. Especially during the times we're in...
    Jim

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi Paul, Jon , and Nick, I have not posted in a very long time, how is everyone doing? Fred

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Fred good to hear from you. All is well here. Hope all is well with you

• Options

@Mistercoinman said:
    Hi Paul, Jon , and Nick, I have not posted in a very long time, how is everyone doing? Fred

Good seeing you again Fred!

• Options

@lablover said:

Got The Blues?

There's just something special about Blue Roosies!

• Options

Hi All,

Thanks for posting. It's good to know my buddies are ok and doing well.

Cheers,

Jim

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@lablover said:

Got The Blues?

Agree. I recall when Colorfulcoins (Craig Harries) was building a set of all blue roosies years ago.
    Believe he called it the Blues Brothers.

Sure do miss Craig!!!

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2020 9:16AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@lablover

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Perhaps its viewable now?

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Drizzt said:

Nope, try again.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Drizzt said:

Go to your set. Click on Edit symbol. Click on Edit. Click on both boxes. Allow public to view and Published. Then click on update.

• Options

1947-D NGC MS68*

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

@Drizzt said:

Heh

• Options

I'm delighted to hear my Roosie friends are all well and hanging in there with the difficulties of the day. Take stock of what is of true value, the rest will be left behind. In the next life all that is gained here will be left to someone else.

Set your sights on what is Above! Nothing else compares.

Blessings to my friends...

Jim o:)