Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Oh No, another major TPGS has been closed by the government!

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

On another forum it was reported that ANACS is closed until further notice.

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good!

Finally!

Science and facts!

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

The notice from their website:

"ANACS friends and family,

Effective immediately, due to the health emergency caused by the COVID19 virus and in compliance with the State of Colorado, ANACS has suspended operations until it is safe and permitted to reopen.

Please refrain from submitting until further notice. Any current submissions will be held safely in our vault and remain in their current status until the office reopens.

Any inbound packages will be collected and secured at our facility, but it is not likely any will be opened or processed at this time.

Limited correspondence will be available with ANACS Customer Service but precise information about a specific submission or account is likely to be unavailable.

We thank you for your patience during these unusually trying times and look forward to getting back to business as usual."

• Options
    edited March 30, 2020 10:42AM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Good!

Finally!

Science and facts!

Loss of options for collectors and shutting down the country is "Good for nothing." Are you equally glad our host is closed down and folks cannot get their coins graded there either? Fractured science and fractured facts is what many doomsayers rely on.

Stay Safe.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

It should have been done before now.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020 11:10AM

Is ICG and NGC still open? If so, I wonder if their submissions have increased since their competition is closed.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Is ICG and NGC still open? If so, I wonder their submissions have increase since their competition is closed.

They will also close.

• Options

I am resisting being dragged into "your world" by the press, our politicians, and free money. They have tried to scare me to my bones and have made it hard to stop drinking at the trough. BTW, I'm going to use the money they have printed to buy gold coins.

Now, please show me a neat error coin so I can focus on what you are knowledgeable about. :)

• Options
    edited March 30, 2020 11:18AM

I knew enough to go to 100% cash in the stock market near the top.

Our 401K is up on the year.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

In before the close

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Is ICG and NGC still open? If so, I wonder if their submissions have increased since their competition is closed.

As of this morning NGC is still open, no idea about ICG.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020 11:34AM

Never mind.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

ICG is open and AFAIK so is NGC. Yes, our submissions have increased more than our usual slow and consistent increase over the years. Some of that is from a "special" we are running for members of another forum not run by a TPGS. Beware, that some folks of the dishonest B) persuasion are posting that ICG is closed. We do not plan to ever close and will sleep in the building to process coins. Our kitchen is better than many small restaurants and we have enough water and TP to last at least until Christmas. LOl. I will not publish our special here or our turnaround times.

We should all hope that both PCGS and ANACS get back and running very soon with none of their staff, relatives, pets, or friends affected! Until then, we have the best coin forum on the Internet to stay in touch with friends and post our coins.

@ErrorsOnCoins said: "They will also close."

LOL, please, please, enough uninformed nonsense. We will continue to process coins as long as they are delivered. If the mail shuts down, you can be sure every coin here will be ready to ship as soon as it is running again. BTW, if you think the guys at PCGS and ANACS are not doing the same thing....

Stay Safe!

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@stman said:
    Yes we hear how great you are every day. Thanks for the update while people suffer.

Opposite bro...

I have been advocating for over a month now that people stay home to be safe for all of us.

Many here thought it was a hoax, and some of you still do :|

Yes, I made financial moves because of facts and charts. It is for my family.

No matter what I do, the suffering will go on.

I want to make a better footing financially for my children.

Please be safe and stay home.

For the record I do not ever recall anyone saying this was a hoax.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2020 11:40AM

@Insider2 said:

@PerryHall said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said: "They will also close."

LOL, please, please, enough uninformed nonsense. We will continue to process coins as long as they are delivered. If the mail shuts down, you can be sure every coin here will be ready to ship as soon as it is running again. BTW, if you think the guys at PCGS and ANACS are not doing the same thing....

Stay Safe!

Be safe my friend while at work. My wife has to work as well. I wish she was home tho.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Very glad to hear that. I wish everyone was as successful with their money as you <3 have been!

• Options

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Very glad to hear that. I wish everyone was as successful with their money as you <3 have been!

Trying to, not there yet . Went bust in the internet boom-bust. Hopefully, I learned something.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Trying to, not there yet . Went bust in the internet boom-bust. Hopefully, I learned something.

Old Italian saying: "May the road rise up to your feet, and may you find that bucket of gold and prosper in good health forever."

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

One door closes one door opens.

There's a tent field hospital being set in Central Park, Manhattan.

Stay safe everyone in EVERY state.

Old Irish prayer ...May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Closings of TPG's is dependent on where they are located. PCGS is in Ca, which is a closed state. Even if you are not in a closed State everyone should be extremely careful and practice all the orders given by the CDC WHO.

And only go out when you have to.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if Florida does the stop movement if that will effect the other major TPG

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had several coins I was wanting to submit to ANACS, but held back, thinking it would only be a matter of time before they closed.

• Options

@Swampboy said:
    One door closes one door opens.

There's a tent field hospital being set in Central Park, Manhattan.

Stay safe everyone in EVERY state.

Old Irish prayer ...May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping.

I heard about that. Waiting to see the images. I believe it is being set up by an independent organization. While this is being done, one of the major Fake News Networks is reporting on the very bad situation in NYC while showing images on TV of an Italian hospital that's in even worse shape! I've heard some say that no bad situation should be wasted to push an agenda. :(

• Options

Some folks will shelter in place at work. I know at least one coin dealer who will do the same if FL is closed. So far, I believe the governor of FL has closed the far southern part of the state. Need to find out if it is true. Any coin shops closed that you know of?

• Options

@Mgarmy said: "Wonder if Florida does the stop movement if that will effect the other major TPG?

I don't know, which one? :p

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020 2:08PM

I am staying home for the most part and I recommend it for everyone.

But during my daily trip to the Post Office to pick up mail I pass a Walmart that is as jammed as it ever was been pre-virus. It is exempt because it sells food.

There are lots of businesses that have very little foot traffic at any one time, and most retail stores could successfully implement limited access and safe distances. Still others don't normally have any outside customers allowed inside (such as TPGs, I assume).

At some point (not sure when) we will need to ease back into a little more normalcy. It might not be time yet, but it will be at some point and we need to start thinking about it. Mail order-only facilities that can ensure the safety of their employees by implementing strict standards should be among the first to re-open,

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Old Italian saying: "May the road rise up to your feet, and may you find that bucket of gold and prosper in good health forever."

There is also a famous poem titled, "Beans. The Musical Fruit" yet I have forgotten how it goes. . .

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

There is also a famous poem titled, "Beans. The Musical Fruit" yet I have forgotten how it goes. . .

Beans. Beans. The musical fruit.
    The more you eat, the more you toot.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Good!

Finally!

Science and facts!

I presume that you mean that in a positive [life saving] way.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Some folks will shelter in place at work. I know at least one coin dealer who will do the same if FL is closed. So far, I believe the governor of FL has closed the far southern part of the state. Need to find out if it is true. Any coin shops closed that you know of?

What I heard was that he [the Florida governor] closed the beaches because the idiots (yes, I mean that) were still gathering and partying for Spring Break as if nothing was happening. Pictures showed them on the beach blanket to blanket, practically touching.

That was plain dumb

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

This to shall pass and mighty soon

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are our own worse enemy..................unfortunately.

At the store today the sign said "one case to a customer" concerning drinking water.

A shopper had three cases at the checkout.

The cashier called the manager to ask about enforcing the limit, and he said to "let it go".

So now anyone can buy any amount they wish. The cashier said that she won't question anyone anymore.

Time to go out and start gathering leaves for the toilet.................

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2020 2:16PM

@Treashunt said:

@Insider2 said:

What I heard was that he [the Florida governor] closed the beaches because the idiots (yes, I mean that) were still gathering and partying for Spring Break as if nothing was happening. Pictures showed them on the beach blanket to blanket, practically touching.

That was plain dumb

The beaches were closed last week. The image of the crowded beaches that caused a major stir was taken BEFORE much was known about the seriousness of the virus in the US. After the danger became known, the Fake News Networks used that image to embarrass our governor. BTW, folks have taken to the water to party together on boats. The governor has closed that practice down yesterday or today.

A friend drove past one of our public beaches this morning and a sheriff car was keeping watch that it was closed. He did say he saw a man with a beach house sitting next to the water on this private beach front property. When the public beach is open, folks can walk along the water past his house.

I just heard that Franklin Graham's organization is building/funding the Central Park Tent Hospital. It is across from Mount Sinai Hospital. Wait for it. Oh no, they are praying for anyone that is sent to their unit.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

This is no more of the 'right move' than staying in. Well established that no one wins (ok only rarely they do) by trying to time the market. SP was down over 30% last week, <20% this week, after this all goes through, where will it be?. A balanced portfolio should be down 10 to 15% right now and if one holds and does not sell they will be up soon enough. You OTH, are going to have to decide when to get back in, there is risk in that even if you timed it right when you sold. Unless you bought at the low last week, there is no guarantee your timing benefited over holding. So we will see who is ahead 5 years from now..........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    We are our own worse enemy..................unfortunately.

At the store today the sign said "one case to a customer" concerning drinking water.

A shopper had three cases at the checkout.

The cashier called the manager to ask about enforcing the limit, and he said to "let it go".

So now anyone can buy any amount they wish. The cashier said that she won't question anyone anymore.

Time to go out and start gathering leaves for the toilet.................

Pete

That manager needs a set. Folks like that manager are telling crooks they will not be arrested for small crimes. Where my grandparents were raised, crooks lost a hand!

This Sunday, a friend of mine tried to buy two DIFFERENT brands of TP thinking he could bypass the one-per limit. The cashier made him put one back on the shelf. That's what should have happened.

Here is a tip. We went to a major grocery chain in a VERY UPSCALE neighborhood. All the rich folks were walking around as if nothing was going on. There was not an empty shelf OF ANYTHING and no limits on ANYTHING that was not even available at our normal store run by the same company!! I love the rich folks. They keep the country going.

This discussion has been closed.