Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Name my new Toy and advice on camera please

KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2020 4:03AM in U.S. Coin Forum

So as pointed out the first post was in BST sorry. So no pole just proved cool names

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's that mini me microscope to the right of big mo? I like it too. I always enjoyed the name HAL from 2001 Space odyssey but with 2 I think big shorty and short biggy. Have fun. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would call it Oscar the Ogler and the other one Twerp...What is that little rocket ship/hand grenade? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a bulb to squeeze and blow dust away @ricko
    Used to clean camera lenses. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston... :o Of course, why did I not see that...must be some cobwebs in my brain this morning :D Thanks, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fat Man and Little Boy

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    jafo50jafo50 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Try taking photos with 'diffused' lighting. You can see the lights glaring off of the coin surfaces. Other then that I love your setup.

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I would call it Oscar the Ogler and the other one Twerp...What is that little rocket ship/hand grenade? Cheers, RickO

That's a Giottos Rocket air blaster.

• Options

@jafo50 said:
    Try taking photos with 'diffused' lighting. You can see the lights glaring off of the coin surfaces. Other then that I love your setup.

Totally gray I’m with you on that so I need to defuse my lights maybe get a light ring and I have a amscope I am you 1000 model that will be coming in I’m waiting for my discount coupon for signing up for their own newsletter to come through before I I pull the trigger on it but I will also have an extra binocular head nice brand new and will giveaway little one for a newbie

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Better

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@messydesk said:

@ricko said:

That's a Giottos Rocket air blaster.

Yes that’s an air blower for blowing dust and particles and things off of coins before you take pictures it’s not an enema so don’t get scared

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Better pics
    when my Amscope camera comes in the you Won’t see any glare it’s progress.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting much better....keep playing with it. :)

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting better indeed! Keep experimenting. 😀

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cellfies stick ;)

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kathy, let me be honest with you. What you have is not a device for capturing high quality images. Stop thinking of it as a camera. No matter how hard you try you will be disappointed. It is not a camera and will never get you camera results.

Instead, use it as a microscope for seeing detail. With practice you may be able to get decent images of close ups. The fun and reward should be there.

If you want great pictures you'll need a D-SLR, copy stand and macro lens. Some forum members have found inexpensive compromises and had great results. It doesn't have to be wallet breaking.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file