Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2020 MLB OPENING WEEKEND...

1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

...was supposed to be this weekend. Since we have no baseball to watch, let’s hop in the ole time machine...

... this is an original example of The New York Times publication that was sold for ten cents each (15 cents in Canada) that was essentially a picture heavy (and text light) review of the major events of the week prior. Or, as they say right there on the cover:

"Over 100 Superb Rotogravure Etchings of Authentic Photographs, Depictng the World's Happenings"

If you haven't figured out why this one would be significant to me, you soon will and I'll not spoil it for you. However, I would be remiss if I did not share the entirety of the 11.5 x 16 inch circular. As you peruse the headlines and various pictures contained therein, try not to shudder at how little our world has changed...and that is as close to political as I will get on the boards.

Enjoy this trip back in time...with a summary of baseball’s opening week...

...from 100 years ago.

Mid Week Pictorial - An Illustrated Weekly - April 22, 1920

These are the pages that close out the magazine. Some may be out of order but all are here...

Hopefully, the real thing starts soon!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest