Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Hi everyone, I have this 1916 S Buffalo Nickel. I wonder what kind of error is in my pics. Any idea

Best Answers

• Options
    LuckyLukeLuckyLuke Posts: 5
    Answer ✓

I've found like 8 coins at the same spot, looked up the internet after, found that none of them was a rare find. But then looked closer after I read some articles about errors and found this error. I assume, if it wasn't a valuable or a rare find, you probably wouldn't call it a fake. With all the respect, I'll try to contact some expert and will let you know the result. Thank you for your opinions. Peace

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try posting this in the US coins forum. There are experts there than can help.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

Answers

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like die crack

• Options

Thank you. Any worth range? I've just noticed that the T letter looks kinda like crucified Jesus, right?

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a contemporary counterfeit.

• Options

I'm sure it's not, since I found it with couple more, different years.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fake has been called out. Inquiring minds want to know more. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I'm 100% sure about the authenticity of the coin. That can be proven once expert will see it, I'm not worried about that at all. I just wanted to know if it's worth an effort. Thank you for your comments

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

I am no expert, but I am inclined to believe @koynekwest

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2020 3:36PM

@JimW said:
    I am no expert, but I am inclined to believe @koynekwest

Same here, but there is a collector market for contemporary counterfeits.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no way you could be expected to know, but @koynekwest is an expert.
    Contemporary counterfeits circulated with the real thing so you should expect to find them together. If someone puts an apple in the orange bin at the store it doesn't become an orange.
    That skinny, pointy chin doesn't look right to me, nor does the blobby liberty.
    Here's a higher grade example- people were debating its authenticity here too.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1006831/my-fake-buffalos-new-one-added-in-first-post

Collector, occasional seller