Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Post your Pogue Additions!

Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see em guys...Come on, who has a new Pogue coin!

Comments

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, a super looking coin!

• Options

Thank you Cointime! Hey David, that Ike is really spectacular....Love Love love the color and especially that electric blue rim toning......Great look for that coin all the way!

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    Thank you Cointime! Hey David, that Ike is really spectacular....Love Love love the color and especially that electric blue rim toning......Great look for that coin all the way!

Thanks! It is really hard to find nicely toned silver Ikes. The proof ones often come with color but not MS. I was thrilled to win this one. I got blown out of the water on the 76-D!

• Options

The reverse on that Ike, with eagle landing on moon is one of the really great, and historic designs in modern coinage, don't you think?

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    The reverse on that Ike, with eagle landing on moon is one of the really great, and historic designs in modern coinage, don't you think?

It certainly beats all of the buildings that are on the other coins. It isn’t my favorite eagle but I like the overall design and it makes up for the rather plain obverse.

• Options

What's your all time favorite Eagle on US coinage?

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize you weren't asking me, but this one!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I bought his Libertas in copper

• Options

Good looking eagle Tom! What half dollar is that from? A Commem. right? I don't know which one......?

Here's my Favorite eagle......From the Trade Dollar. (Not my coin, but damn...I wish it was)

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. It's from the Connecticut commem, which also happens to be my favorite commem.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

Beautiful design Tom....I like those too. OK here are some more favorite eagle designs just to keep the thread rolling:

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    Beautiful design Tom....I like those too. OK here are some more favorite eagle designs just to keep the thread rolling:

Holy crap!

• Options

Those are slightly rare :D

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't determine a date, so it wasn't graded and can't be added to registry, but here's my win from the sale!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options

Nice Low-ball! You doing a whole Commem set of Low Balls?

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2020 5:42PM

@Eldorado9 said:
    OK here are some more favorite eagle designs just to keep the thread rolling:

Beautiful coins. These two were owned by John E. Wilkison in his gold pattern collection, now owned by Bob Simpson.

Just wanted to add the full size images here.

• Options

@android01 said:
    Here's one I picked up:

Android, that 1856 Half Dime is out of this world crazy gorgeous. Damn!!!!! It is a treasure. Pogue didn't screw around with "B" coins.....You have something very special there.

• Options

@Zoins said:

@Eldorado9 said:
    OK here are some more favorite eagle designs just to keep the thread rolling:

Beautiful coins. These two are from John E. Wilkison's collection, now owned by Bob Simpson.

Just wanted to add the full size images here.

Thanks Zoins, well, for us Paupers, at least we have great images to look at...I can't imagine what it would be to have these in my collection....I would probably stare at them all day long...So amazing, so RARE!!!

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pogue's Libertas in copper looked beautiful. It went for less than I expected as well.