Home Precious Metals
Options

The rise of World Money

derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 26, 2020 1:24PM in Precious Metals

Get ready for world money.

"The task of re-liquefying the world will fall to the IMF because the IMF will have the only clean balance sheet left among official institutions. The IMF will rise to the occasion with a towering issuance of special drawing rights (SDRs), and this monetary operation will effectively end the dollar’s role as the leading reserve currency."

"Based on past practice, we can expect that the dollar will be devalued by 50–80% in the coming years. A devaluation of this magnitude will wipe out the value of your life’s savings. You’ll still have just as many dollars, but they won’t be worth nearly as much. Individuals will not be allowed to own SDRs, but you can still protect your wealth by buying gold — if you can find any."

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hasn't Jim Rickards made this forecast before? :D

Higashiyama
  • Options

Well, Peter Schiff had to make his forecast numerous times until he was right not one but two times. One thing I've noticed about people who understand the economy: they are usually early with their warnings.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost everyone who has predicted "the end" has in fact, met their end. Yet here we are.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Yet here we are, right where Schiff and Rickards told us we would be. You shoulda listened.

Boom and bust cycles, thanks to your FED, are quite predictable. Predicting the end of a cycle, along with it's ramifications and preparations, is not the same as predicting the end of the world.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Well, Peter Schiff had to make his forecast numerous times until he was right not one but two times. One thing I've noticed about people who understand the economy: they are usually early with their warnings.

Schiff has been like a broken record for decades. His record skipped and suddenly he was right for about 5 minutes. Since then he's right back to snake oil salesman. If you look to people like Schiff, Rickards, zero hedge, turd, king world news for advice I am sure you finances have not yielded 10% the return of Joe the plumber.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020 4:28PM

Everything is awesome, that Fed guy on 60 Minutes told me they could create infinite currency in 🤡🌎

...of course he said nothing about being able to preserve its purchasing power.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

...of course he said nothing about being able to preserve its purchasing power.

don't worry, as long as there's something on your gov.com digital wallet, you might get your ration after standing in line all day...

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Hey guess what? I predict we will have more boom and bust cycles in the future.

That will be $9.99 bill monthly. Thank you.

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said "Hey guess what? I predict we will have more boom and bust cycles in the future."

Didn't Keynes say that! :D

Higashiyama
  • Options
    SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020 7:11PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2020 4:58AM

@Higashiyama said:
    @cohodk said "Hey guess what? I predict we will have more boom and bust cycles in the future."

Didn't Keynes say that! :D

Dont be stealing my thunder. Im on the road to precision economic forecasting and the devotion of 10s of followers.

That will cost you $9.99. Paypal FFG only. Lol

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I would place a sizable wager that this prediction will not come true - at least not in the foreseeable future. Perhaps under a 'one world domination' it could happen.... not in today's world. Cheers, RickO

• Options

It appears that the Fed is making an end run around the IMF, but it's a little hard to distinguish between the two.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    It appears that the Fed is making an end run around the IMF, but it's a little hard to distinguish between the two.

As pointed out in the OP, the FED is killing the dollar, setting up a play by the IMF.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2020 7:53AM

As pointed out in the OP, the FED is killing the dollar, setting up a play by the IMF.

Consider what this guy has been saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD7xWkztd-k

He's been spot-on for the 3 or 4 weeks that I've been watching his video blog.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

jmski52, thanks for the video... he does seem pretty sincere about his message. And likely there is truth in what he says. But what choice do we really have?

----- kj
  • Options

"Not another guy on the planet that pegged this more than me!"

I heard enough.

LOL.

So whats this guys point? Please summarize for me.

• Options

@tincup:

He's been dead accurate and his thesis doesn't have any holes in it, as far as I can tell...

I knew it would happen.